The Royal Sydney Golf Club prides itself on being one of Australia’s best golf clubs, with the staff to match. This is a supportive workplace that values hard work, talent, enthusiasm and respect for traditions.
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club is a private members club which was founded in 1893. It is recognised nationally and internationally for its world class facilities which include two golf courses, 18 tennis courts, bowling greens, croquet lawns, 2 squash courts, a gym, two pools, several cafés, a fine dining restaurant, accommodation rooms and multiple function rooms.
We are seeking an energetic, passionate and enthusiastic 1st, 2nd or 3rd year Apprentice Greenkeeper to join our team.
- Competitive wages (above award)
- Daily staff meals
- Access to sporting facilities
- Career progression & access to training
- Membership to the ASTMA
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Course Superintendent, your primary purpose is to participate as an active and enthusiastic member of the Sporting Areas team whilst carrying out the necessary ground care duties. You will assist with course set-up, use of machinery, renovations and utilise skills and knowledge as developed through formal and work place training.
You would be interested in undertaking an Apprenticeship and be prepared to complete studies in Certificate III in Sports Turf Management or similar, as approved by the Course Superintendent. Equally, if you have already completed your 1st or 2nd year apprenticeship in this field we want to hear from you!
The key tasks include:
- Engage in a variety of work throughout both the Golf Courses and Northern Area playing areas.
- Participate in the maintenance, renovation and reconstruction of turf and garden areas and playing surfaces.
- Attend TAFE classes as required and make every effort to maximise educational opportunities.
What does the Club need from me?
- Commitment to ongoing studies.
- A genuine interest in greenkeeping.
- Be reliable with a good work ethic.
- Manual drivers licence desirable.
- An understanding of golf is advantageous but not essential.
If this opportunity interests you, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.