Club Manager / Administrator
· Exciting opportunity to make your mark
· Beautiful location
Established in 1940, Bottle Lake Golf Club is rated as one the most unique and challenging courses in Canterbury. With Parkland like surroundings, the natural terrain and elevated tees, greens and water hazards provide a great challenge to even the skilled golfer. With full Clubhouse facilities, we work hard to deliver a friendly environment to members and visitors alike. The Clubhouse and Course operate 7 days
Bottle Lake Golf Club has implemented structural changes to its constitution and for the past 12 months has operated under an independent board structure. The Board in their Governance role has worked steadily in the background, aligning Bottle Lake Golf Club with best business practices, and looking to the Golf Management Group for direction to realise the member’s expectations.
About the Role
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Club / Administration Manager is a full-time sole charge role responsible for the day-to-day running of the Golf Club. This role is a key customer facing position and to be successful you will be a confident communicator, confident in promoting the Club both internally to members and externally to the wider golfing community.
This is an enjoyable role but challenging due to the wide array of tasks which can change weekly and the regular interaction with members and their requests. The core workload is to provide general administrative, accounting and golf administration support for the Club.
Key responsibilities include:
· Managing Health & Safety requirements including members, visitors, employees & contractors.
· Management of facilities.
· Staff management – Green keeping staff.
· All aspects of financial administration including banking, accounts payable and receivable, Payroll, Preparation of monthly P & L and Balance Sheets, and Reconciliations.
· Monthly reporting, Board reports and minutes.
· Compliance management Club specific legislative/regulatory requirements.
· Subscription Management.
· Supplier and Contractor Management.
· AGM papers and reports.
· Management of all online bookings, website & social media via Dot Golf.
· Customer Service.
· Events Management.
You will have a wide range of skills from managing accounting and financial requirements to administration to helping run events. It’s important you are a person who is good at establishing and running effective and efficient systems and processes but also capable of running with the unplanned.
Key skills we are looking for:
· Proven Financial accounting skills, Cost and Schedule management as well as status reporting.
· Strong administration skills.
· Marketing and promotions experience, including building and maintaining productive relationships with sponsors and corporates.
· Experience in operating within a team and interacting with a variety of sporting bodies, government entities, not-for-profit and/ or corporate businesses.
· Experience in engaging with a wide variety of people, including members, staff and volunteers.
· Excellent people and communication skills and strong customer focus.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work unsupervised, be self-motivated and have unquestionable integrity.
· Knowledge & understanding of the golf environment and the systems would be an advantage.
If this sounds like you then please apply with your cover letter and CV via the tab below.
Closing date January 29, 2021