Bribie Island Golf Club is situated in the coastal township of Woorim on the eastern side of Bribie Island, which offers a relaxed escape from the busy areas of Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Established in 1969, over the past 50 years, the Club has grown to become one of Queensland’s highly respected championship courses and host to a number of significant professional and amateur events. The position of Bar Manager / Events Co-Ordinator will soon become available and we welcome applicants who believe they can help grow and guide the bar and event operations of the Club, whilst maximising the service and benefits to members and guests.
Under the guidance of the Club Manager, you will be responsible for the management and supervision of the Club’s hospitality operations, including but not limited to, Bar and Cellar operations, Gaming operations, Staff Rostering, Function and Event Co-Ordination and Customer Service. This is a very “hands-on” role in the management of the daily operations and it is imperative that you lead by example by displaying a high level of morale, honesty and integrity.
The Skills and Experience Required
· Current QLD RSA and RSG, or ability to attain them immediately;
· Ability to attain RMLV;
· Minimum 4 years hospitality experience;
· Minimum 4 years in a similar management role within the Club or Hotel Industry;
· Minimum 2 years experience in Function and Event Co-Ordination;
· Extensive Bar, Cellar, Stock and Gaming knowledge;
· Ability to supervise, train and direct staff;
· Display a passion for providing high levels of customer service and instilling this into all staff in all areas of the Club operation;
· Knowledge of SwiftPOS, TYRO EftPOS and MiClub Golf and Membership is desirable but not essential;
· Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook; and
· Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, School Holidays and Public Holidays
This is a salaried position under the Award Level 7 plus an above award payment, commensurate with experience, including super, leave loading and 4 weeks annual leave. You will be required to predominantly work when the Club is at it’s busiest, including weekends, nights and public holidays. Hours may vary based on requirements of the Club and at the discretion of the Club Manager. A minimum 38 hour week with reasonable additional hours or what is required to fulfil the role will be required. Anticipated commencement date will be mid January 2020.
Send a Covering Letter and your current Resume via link below no later than Friday, 13th December 2019.