The City of Adelaide is offering the opportunity for a highly motivated and qualified Golf Coach to build their business at the North Adelaide Golf Course. The successful applicant will be provided with a contract to operate as a sole trader alongside the existing Golf Coach and Head Professional to further enhance the strong range of coaching programs already being delivered.
The North Adelaide Golf Course, with championship and par 3 style courses (3 Public Courses in total), hosts over 64,000 rounds per annum and has a resident Club with over 380 members. The Course operates 7 days per week and has a fully licensed 19th hole club room facility.
With its location on the immediate edge of the CBD, within the Adelaide Park Lands, there is an opportunity to further enhance and take advantage of the facilities and existing excellent coaching programs and development culture to build a strong coaching business. The Course has seen growth in both its round numbers and coaching over the last year reflecting the investment in the courses’ people, services and facilities.
Building on 4 years of growth in the Courses Coaching Programs and the development of a large new and modern practice putting green, to be ready early 2020, it is an exciting time to joining the team at the North Adelaide Golf Course.
North Adelaide Golf Course works closely with Golf Australia whose SA office is based at the Course and has introduced new programs to improve its coaching and development areas of the business. The course presently has a strong client base largely made up of public players but with a significant members component. The introduction of the My Golf Junior program, SNAG programs, Women’s Network coaching, along with the central location it is envisaged that the growth in this area will continue.
About the Business Opportunity:
As a Golf Coach Contractor, you will be based at the North Adelaide Golf Course. You will immediately embrace and take ownership of this and the opportunities it presents. An enthusiastic, proactive and positive outlook is paramount to build and maintain a customer base, professional networks and the ability to be a natural collaborator with all stakeholders is essential. As the Golf Coach Contractor, you would work closely with the Head Professional in assisting the delivery of ongoing and new Golf Programs and lessons through the ‘Get Timely’ bookings system.
Being a good communicator is critical to success in this role and the successful contractor needs to demonstrate their ability to support and build your customer base using both your own communication channels and by contributing to Councils extensive marketing and communications.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following skills/attributes:
- Show how you will partner with the City of Adelaide to build both your own business and enhance the golf offerings at the North Adelaide Golf Course
Be a full member of the PGA Australia, preferably Certified status and Advanced in coaching;
- Proven ability in events and growing participation in coaching programs;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in one on one and group situations, with the ability to effectively work within all levels of the business;
- Strong and current experience within junior development programs (venue is a MyGolf deliverer with much growth anticipated);
- Be self-motivated, and competent in providing the highest levels of teaching;
Have demonstrated the ability to work autonomously, but still be able to work collaboratively in busy public golf course environment;
- Make golf accessible for all, delivering the industry All Abilities Coaching program;
- Promote diversity in golf;
- Work with the team towards Golf Australia’s Vision 2025 Strategy;
- Ability to develop and grow a business;
- Offer expert club-fitting services to clients;
- Have a passion for current golf coaching trends, techniques and their relevant applications;
- Preferred understanding and experience in use of MiClub.
- You will need to have an ABN and a minimum $20m Public Liability;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Powerpoint, along with internet based programs to run day to day operations and client communication services.
- Experience with Launch monitor and putting analysis technology (Flightscope, Bodi Trac and SAM Putt Lab are available for the use) is envisaged as a strong element of the successful candidate’s role.
- Flexibility around working hours and weekends
The successful applicant must identify the total number of hours and what days/hours they envisage they will operate each week.
The contract terms and conditions will be negotiated with the successful candidate in line with industry expectations, a draft sample contract is available on request
For more Information:
Initial queries regarding this position can be directed to:
Jamie Clutterham (Golf Professional), North Adelaide Golf on 8203 7966
Dominic Fitzsimons (Team Leader Golf Business Operations) on 82037061.
For more information about the North Adelaide Golf Course please visit the website www.northadelaidegolf.com.auExpressions of Interest
Please include as part of your application your resume and cover letter.