Outstanding full-time retail/sales/hospitality opportunity with Drummond Golf, Australia’s biggest golf retailer, at the Kew store.
Drummond Golf, Australia’s biggest golf equipment retailer, has a full-time position available for an enthusiastic and experienced sales professional with a sound knowledge of golf, who’s looking for a dynamic position at its busy retail store and Big Swing Golf (indoor golf) venue located at the one premises in Kew.
We are a successful franchise with a loyal customer base. We are looking for a special someone to join our sales team and contribute to the ongoing success of our business.
To be successful you will:
- Love golf, and embrace the Drummond Golf culture and philosophy – 40 years in the making.
- Have strong retail skills, proven sales experience, and committed to delivering superior customer service.
- Understand the importance of and achieving KPI’s.
- Have an outgoing, positive, can-do attitude, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a high standard of presentation.
- Be reliable and flexible to work a variety of shifts across a 7-day roster, which includes weekends and some evenings.
- Be a strong team player, with the capacity to contribute to the team effort.
- Demonstrate confidence and initiative, with the ability to work autonomously, without close supervision.
- Have the ability to perform club repairs (highly regarded).
- Have a current RSA (or willing to obtain one).
- Have hospitality and event hosting experience (desirable).
- Have the ability to speak an Asian language (esp. Mandarin, well regarded).
Key responsibilities include:
- Achieve sales budgets by providing outstanding customer service and maximising every sales opportunity.
Custom clubfit clients using our exclusive MiMatch fitting system.
Contribute to the professional image of the store through store presentation, product knowledge and sales support operations.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding stock and customer orders.
- Stock management: receipt, storage and replenishing floor stock.
- Assist with the bookings, operations and payments for Big Swing Golf patrons.
- Assist in hosting a variety of indoor golf events, providing guidance in the use of simulators, plus food and beverage hospitality services.
- An enjoyable working environment through co-operation, assistance and open communication between all team members.
- All the training you’ll need to be successful at Drummond Golf & Big Swing Golf.
- The opportunity to work with leading golf retail brands and state-of-the-art simulator technology.
- A generous incentive scheme and staff discounts.
If you are seeking a rewarding career in the sport / golf retail industry and meet the skills and requirements for this role, then we want to hear from you. Please forward your resumé and cover letter telling us why you’re perfect for the position. Those with no knowledge of golf need not apply. Only suitably qualified applicants may expect a reply with an invitation to the next stage of the hiring process.