The Royal Melbourne Golf Club, ranked amongst the best in the world and host to numerous national and international events is seeking an Events and Communications Coordinator.
This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious Club and bring your passion for exceptional customer service and planning skills to join a team of hospitality professionals.
The Events and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for promoting and coordinating all internal and external Club events and the delivery of exceptional service to our members and visitors through high-quality events and functions. In addition to this you will play an integral role in developing and delivering best practice communication strategies including various social media platforms.
The dynamic position involves collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, and responsiveness to the needs of members and visitors. This diverse, hands-on role requires energy, attention to detail and outstanding IT, administration, organisational and communication skills.
Responsibility and Requirements
- Act as a member of the front of house service team in a supervisory role as required
- Achieve financial targets and sales growth in accordance with budgets
- Be responsible for the promotion of Royal Melbourne’s functions venue to both Members and non-members within Club guidelines.
- Coordinate all enquiries relating to internal and external functions held at the Club
- Be able to provide information to the accounts department for invoices to be generated and sent to function clients. Payments tare to be followed up in accordance with established procedures
- Act as a host for all major internal Club functions and large external functions as required
- Oversee Club communication and social media requirements
- Design and implement appropriate system and procedures to ensure smooth and efficient running of relevant events
- Ensure members and guests receive an experience that exceeds their expectations
- Ensure all function staff have appropriate training and supervision
- Review and make recommendations on menus and prices in conjunction with the Head Chef and F&B Manager
- Ensure Members and guests are provided with sufficient choices
- Liaise with the F&B Manager to ensure adequate staff are rostered to provide an excellent level of service to Members and guests
- Maintain a professional image and excellent presentation on duty at all times
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required and
- Ensure all policies, procedures and standards and guidelines are complied with
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
Ideally we are looking for a professional with a minimum three year’s experience in a similar role and formal qualifications in the industry with excellent written and communication skills. A person who has strong computer and indesign skills. It goes without saying that the successful candidate will have strong communication skills, excellent time management skills and be able to work in a team environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.