One of Canberra’s premier public access golf courses.
About the club
The Federal Golf Club is one of Canberra’s premier public golf courses and has featured in the Golf Digest Top 100 Australian Courses, currently ranking 48th in Golf Australia’s best public access courses.
About the role
We are seeking a Golf Operations Assistant on a casual basis to work in our Pro Shop complementing our existing team of golf and retail staff. Reporting to the Golf Operations Manager, the position requires a motivated person seeking to work at a busy, friendly semi-private golf club. The primary role involves providing customer service to the members of our Club, which will include managing player traffic, competition administration, data entry, retail golf sales, answering phone enquiries and general duties. Workplace training will be provided.
Applicants who have previous experience in a similar environment and a solid understanding of the game of golf will be preferred for this role. As the business is open 7 days a week, availability to work on any day of the week is a requirement of this role, the successful applicant would be engaged on a varied roster including a combination of weekdays, weekends, early mornings and evenings. The role will offer approximately 15-20 hours on average per week.
- Assist in the day to day operations of the golf shop. Ensuring the shop is clean and tidy and displays are full and re-stocked as required. Ensure that all stock is hung and /or displayed neatly.
- Assist with the day to day operation of the golf shop and storage facilities.
- Assist with members bags in storage, including taking bags out ready for members play and storage of bags at completion of members play.
- Assist with the day to day operation of the practice facilities, ensuring range ball supply is maintained
- Assist with the day to day operation of the motorised cart fleet, ensuring a sufficient level of carts are staged at all times. Returned carts are either cleaned or parked neatly in preparation for cleaning.
- Assist with tee sheet management and administration of all member events and competitions
- Assist in preparations and execute to the highest standards, the golf elements of corporate golf days, including bag drop, cart and club hire management, scorecard creation and collection, signage and any other duties.
- Read, respond to and direct incoming emails as necessary.
- Assist with administrative duties as required.
- Liaise with other department staff as required.
- Be available to members to assist with various needs or questions, maintaining the reputation of the golf staff as friendly, knowledgeable and professional.
- Ensure all operational areas (FOH and BOH) are presented in a tidy and clean manner. This includes the cleaning, vacuuming, organising as required.
- Assist with all golf course directives, rules and regulations, including enforcement of dress regulations, pace of play, local rules.
- Any other tasks as required and instructed by the Golf Operations Manager.
- Attend Staff Meetings as requested.
- Proven experience in delivering exceptional customer service (minimum 2 years)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- A keen interest in golf, sport and recreation activities
- Flexibility with working hours (weekend work is essential)
- Police check and First aid qualifications
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certification
If you believe you meet the above criteria and want to become a part of our team, please apply for this position by emailing your cover letter and resume to Mark Lazenby via the tab below.
Applications for this role will close at 5pm on Monday 31st January.
Only shortlisted candidates, with a cover letter and resume, will be contacted.
For more information on the Club please visit https://federalgolf.com.au/