FACEBOOK Royal Sydney Golf Club
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions, is a private members club. It is recognised nationally and internationally for its world class sporting facilities and hospitality outlets. Overlooking the picturesque Championship Golf Course and set amongst the spectacular setting of Rose Bay, the Club offers 4 dining outlets including a 150-seat restaurant, a bar and two cafes.
Join a passionate team and take responsibility for delivering exceptional dining experiences for our members and guests in our Fine Dining Restaurant. Candidates will need to possess previous food and beverage experience in a similar venue, coupled with a professional, courteous service demeanor that enhances the member experience.
This is a part-time role requiring flexibility to work during the week including evenings as well as on weekends and public holidays.
Your main responsibilities will be to provide “Five Star” service at all times, take orders and provide service accurately, assist with wine, clean and polish cutlery, arrange and care for table decorations as well as ensuring supply of linen for the Restaurant.
Main responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure immediate, effective and efficient service to members, greet members, ascertain what each member wants or needs and maintain a high level of professionalism working to establish positive rapport with every member
- Ensure food and beverage service, presentation and delivery are in line with RSGC service standards
- Arrange and care for table decorations as well as ensuring supply of linen for the Restaurant
- Ensure all orders are entered / given to Kitchen staff accurately
- Clean and polish cutlery
- Replenish food and beverage amenities
- Operate POS register and effectively handle cash as required
- Keep your service area clean, tidy, and well-prepared ensuring empty glasses, plates and cutlery are removed, wiping down tables, emptying ashtrays and more
- Proven F&B experience in high end hotels or venues
- Exceptional presentation and grooming standards
- High calibre of customer service
- Experience in a function/banquet setting
- Ability to look after a section of 25 (3 plate carry and wine pour)
- Knowledge of wine and beverage offerings
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise service
- A valid NSW RSA is essential
- Availability to work on weekends and evenings
- Working rights in Australia
What’s in it for me?
- Ample opportunities for Learning & Development including 24/7 access to an extensive learning platform
- Staff wellbeing program which includes free exercise classes for staff in our state-of-the-art fitness facilities, access to staff golf lessons and tennis clinics and access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Staff fund/bonus
- Daily staff meals
- 17.5% loading on Annual Leave
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- 20% discount on purchases (wine, sporting goods from our retail store)
- Uniforms provided plus uniform allowance of $3.39 per shift
- 15% discount on TFE hotel or apartment bookings across Australia, New Zealand and Europe. TFE brands include but are not limited to Adina, Vibe and Travelodge
- All day free street parking available, ferry and bus stop located outside the Club
We foster an environment of belonging, celebrate diversity at the Club and make hiring decisions based on experience, skill and passion. We actively seek people who genuinely wish to have a positive impact on those around them. Our people make the difference in our workplace and we are proud to be certified as a 2023 Great Place to Work®.
If you ready for your next career move, we can’t wait to hear from you!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kelly Garland on (02) 8362 7000, quoting Ref No. 1143586.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.