Spring Valley Golf Club, one of Melbourne’s finest golf courses, located in the Victorian Sandbelt is seeking to employ a qualified and experienced Superintendent.
The Club, established in 1948 and the course, designed by H.V. (Vern) Morcom, is ranked inside the top 50 courses in Australia and number 10 in Victoria.
The successful applicant will have strong leadership skills, appropriate industry qualifications, display a committed and disciplined approach, and be motivated and committed to providing playing surfaces of the highest quality.
Further detail will be available in a position description; however, a summary list of competencies and responsibilities is as follows:
The Superintendent will possess:
- An up-to-date knowledge of turf maintenance techniques, practices & industry standards
- Oversee the asset management programs and annual golf course and capital works budgets, including zero cost budgeting.
- A sound knowledge of health & safety regulations, and all other legislative requirements, finance reporting, maintenance scheduling, and reporting as required.
- Excellent observation skills and an eye for detail, verbal and communication skills, time and people management experience and the ability and willingness to be a leader by example.
- A comprehensive knowledge or experience in managing poa grass greens, santa ana fairways & extensive bunker complexes is advantageous along with a sound knowledge of hydraulic irrigation system operation & maintenance.
Directly responsible to the General Manager, the Superintendent also liaises with the Club Captain as chair of the Course and Match committees, and will maintain a harmonious and productive working relationship with management, staff, Committee and members.
A salaried remuneration package (with inclusions such as a work vehicle, telephone and on site accommodation) will be provided for this key role which requires both passion and maturity from the successful candidate.
Applications, including a covering letter and resume should be submitted via the tab below or directly to the General Manager, Chris Poulton.