An exciting opportunity exists for an exceptional Golf Administrator to come on board at Golf NSW. This role will manage and oversee Golf Events across NSW and will involve extensive liaison with Host Clubs.
Working as part of the Golf Department, you will organize these events from start to finish. Amongst other duties you will be responsible for venue liaison, developing the entry form, marketing the event, updating the website and social media forums, utilizing tournament software to manage the event, on-the-day management including coordinating and managing volunteers, draws, player information, event reports and articles for industry publications. Although not essential, knowledge of the structure of the Golf NSW events would be advantageous.
The role requires someone who is self-motivated, exceptionally well organized and has a positive can-do attitude. You must be able to manage multiple events at all times.
In house programs such as Tournament Software, a database and website content management system will all be used as part of this role. You must be highly competent with all elements of Microsoft Office and be able to quickly learn the internal software programs.
About Golf NSW
Golf NSW is responsible for promoting, encouraging and advancing the game of golf at all levels throughout NSW. This is done partly through organizing Championships and events, encouraging and developing Rules Officials, coaching and developing elite and non-elite golfers.
The Golf NSW offices are in Arncliffe, and free parking is available. Standard office hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm, however some out of hours and weekend work is required.
Selection criteria – Essential
- Knowledge of the game of golf
- Previous event management experience
- Experience in managing and updating website content
- Sound Microsoft Office skills, and ability to learn internal programs
- Experience working with and managing volunteers
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise workloads
- Outgoing and well spoken
- Current driver’s license
Selection criteria – Desirable
- Knowledge of the structure of Golf NSW events
- Knowledge of the rules of golf
- Qualifications in Sports Administration, Office Administration, Event Management or similar
Salary range is approximately $55-$65k (plus super).
Please forward your CV with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Olivia Wilson (Events Manager) as soon as possible.