Golf Retail Assistant
Located in the picturesque seaside town of Point Lonsdale, Lonsdale Links is renowned for its architecturally-designed facility and unique golf course surrounded by native bushland and beautiful views of Lake Victoria. We aim to provide a high-quality golfing experience to both local residents and people travelling to the Bellarine.
Due to growth in our Golf Operations department, an opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Golf Operations Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis. You will be responsible for assisting the Director of Golf in the effective operation of the Golf Shop and the provision of related golfing services including retail.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Teesheet & Competition Management
- Assisting with golf enquiries and bookings
- Assisting patrons with retail purchases
- Conducting course marshalling
- Assisting in the merchandising of the stock in the golf shop
- Participating in the promotion and organisation of golfing events
- Member/Guest Assistance
- General golf Retail Advice
To be successful in this role you will possess the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills
- A focus on providing excellent service
- Strong golf knowledge
- Ability to build rapport with all Members and guests
- A positive attitude and a passion for great customer service
- Excellent personal presentation
- Energetic and friendly attitude
- Similar experience within a golf shop or golf club highly regarded but not essential
Weekend availability is essential along with the ability to work across a 7-day roster; however, you will always get one weekend day off.