Royal Perth Golf Club is seeking a Golf Operations Assistant – one who possesses a great passion for golf and desires to be part of a Club whose vision is to be the best Golf Club in Western Australia.
There will be a focus on delivering an unparalleled member experience, which is of importance to the social fabric and culture of the Club. The ability to be consistently forward-looking in planning, innovation and organisation is a critical skill set required for success in this position.
Also important is;
- the ability to intuitively understand the need to be visible and highly interactive with members;
- the realisation that leadership in this area begins and ends with approachability and accessibility.
Royal Perth Golf Club
Royal Perth Golf Club was established in 1895 and moved to its current location in South Perth in 1908. It is the oldest golf club in metropolitan Western Australia.
It is widely recognised for its eighteen-hole championship standard golf course, practice facilities, modern fleet of plant and equipment and its large Clubhouse with multiple function rooms.
The par 72 course, measuring just over 6,000 metres, is built on less than 30 hectares of free-draining sand. The generally flat tree-lined fairways comprise a 60/40 Kikuyu couch blend. The pencross greens, by today’s standards, are small, and there are 80 bunkers.
By the Numbers:
- 1667 Golf members (1182 Male and 485 Female)
- Currently 60,000 rounds per annum (post-COVID)
Our vision is to be the finest private Golf Club in Western Australia.
We will provide our members, guests and employees with an exceptional experience consistent with our vision.
General Duties are to:
- Operate the computerised golf booking system and timesheets, with the ability to respond in a friendly, timely and professional manner.
- Maintain accurate and reliable records.
- Work closely with the Management, Golf Operations staff, the Club Professional, Men’s and Women’s Captains and Volunteers to ensure the efficient running of all matters concerning golf and golfing on the course.
- Administer and deliver Club competitions, Pennant fixtures and corporate / charity events, including the processing and publishing of competition results.
- Respond to incoming reciprocal Club member booking requests and facilitate the booking process.
- Co-ordinate junior golf activities/ days as required.
- Assist in achieving Junior Committee Action Points where required.
- Suggest and introduce initiatives that will optimise operations, including all positive and negative information regarding the golf course facility, programs, members or general public.
- Assist in maintaining a proper pace of play via course marshalling and proactive and early identification of problems and issues as they arise.
- Monitor and report all golf course directives, rules and regulations, including dress standards.
- Submit items for the weekly Club Bulletin.
- Maintain an understanding and monitor compliance with all club policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings with Golf Operations team member(s) to ensure a smooth transition of the weekly handover.
- Perform other golf operations duties as required and/or directed, including team member’s tasks during an absence.
Introduction to Golf
- Ensure participants understand course management, scoring, etiquette, and rules through the program’s educational component.
- Manage and educate volunteers to ensure all program components are delivered to a standardised professional and consistent level.
- Prepare participants to become valued, contributing members of RPGC following the Introduction to Golf program completion.
- Promote the Club and this program outside the Club.
- Suggest and introduce initiatives that will enhance the program.
- Other program related duties as requested.
Attributes / Competencies:
- A passion for golf and customer service
- Experience using computers and associated software programs
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and members.
- Ability to perform manual handling tasks
- Proven golf operations and golf shop retail experience with 3+ years golf industry
- Excellent communication, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to work and achieve exceptional results in fast-paced active environment
- Energetic and vibrant approach
- Current National Police check, Working with Children check and Senior First Aid qualifications
- PGA qualification advantageous but not essential