Golf Pro Shop positions
We are looking for team members to join our exciting, new Golf Pro-Shop being built and completed by the end of Sep 2021 at Carrington Estate. Our 18-hole championship golf course and pro shop will require sports enthusiast to assist golf players and guests, selling merchandise and meeting and greeting golf players, golf members and resort guests.
Head Golf pro/Golf Operations Manager
The position will report to the Resort CEO and key responsibilities will include maintaining merchandise orders, maintaining strict inventory control, gaining, and communicating with key relationships with national and international sporting goods suppliers.
- Oversees and enforces the golf shop operations policies, procedures, controls, and fee structures to ensure the safekeeping of assets, inventory and resources.
- Oversees the supervision of the maintenance of golf carts and golf operations personnel.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Approves and Orders supplies associated with golf activities.
- Develops and oversees an innovative tournament schedule and golf activities program that services all customer segments.
- Schedules and chairs regular staff meetings focused on customers, operations, revenue growth, cost containment and continuous improvement.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the Golf Course Attendants and other department heads to ensure an effective, fluid inter-departmental operation.
- Occasionally plays golf with members of all skill levels to encourage enthusiasm.
- Coordinates plans with the Food and Beverage Manager for all food and beverage needs, on course food and beverage needs, banquets, outside events and catering for all golf functions.
- Prepares annual and monthly budgets for golf operations.
- Responsible for the Golf Shop Retail operation to include buying product, managing inventory levels, markdowns, and promotions.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognising the contributions of the team member.
- Act as a role model to all employees by demonstrating the behaviour and work ethic expected of all employees. retail experience or sports retail experience highly desirable
- Excellent customer service experience to suit our resort environment
Basic sports interest and golf knowledge will be advantageous
- Ability to work ethically and effectively with strict cash handling procedures and accountability.
- You will be accountable for the control of hire equipment and seeking repairs as soon as they are required.
Located on the pristine Karikari Peninsula and 45mins north of Kaitaia, Carrington Estate is New Zealand’s only Golf Resort featuring an onsite winery. We offer competitive remuneration rates, staff discounts after 6 months employment, and fully furnished staff accommodation options. If you are keen to live within 5 mins to the beach and to spend your days off exploring Northland’s hidden gems, then a career at Carrington Estate will suit you.
To apply for these exciting roles:
Please share this ad with your friends and supply an updated cover letter and updated CV.
Your potential colleagues are eager to help you settle into this exciting new change of scenery and role.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.co.nz.