Royal Queensland Golf Club is the premier Golf Club in Queensland and one of the finest in the Country, boasting the number one golf course in the State and a proud reputation of providing its Members and their guests with an outstanding level of service.
This acclaimed golf course, expansive practice facilities, and five-star food and beverage offerings provide our Members with the ideal environment to satisfy the joys of the great game of golf, whilst establishing new friendships through a wonderful camaraderie.
Royal Queensland Golf Club was established in 1920 at Hamilton and was granted its Royal Charter in 1921 by King George V, with the King’s official letter of notification signed by Winston Churchill.
Dr Alister MacKenzie was persuaded to visit Brisbane in 1926 and contributed his renowned design wisdom to several holes. He said, “Royal Queensland already compares favourably with some of the British Championship courses. It should have a very great future and will be an excellent test of golf.”
Royal Queensland Golf Club is now seeking to fill a new full-time role of Golf Retail Supervisor (Hardware). The role is responsible for ensuring the golfing hardware delivery process, and member experience is maintained at a high standard. Operating within a busy, dynamic environment across the shop floor, the role of a retail supervisor encompasses a diverse array of duties.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Implement policies established by the Director of Golf, General Manager, Golf Retail and Coaching Committee and the Board of Directors with respect to the management and administration of the Club’s club fitting facilities,
- Monitor demonstration hardware levels and purchases and ensure they stay within budget,
- Plan and oversee in-store promotional events or display,
- Keep abreast of market trends, specifically focusing on advancements in new golf technology that may benefit the customer,
- Analyse sales and revenue reports and make forecasts,
- Ensure the store fulfils all legal health and safety guidelines,
Golf Coaching and Club Fitting
- Provide support that would be reasonable based on your skills and level of training at the direction of the Director of Golf.
- Assist the Royal Queensland Coaching Team in our Junior Development and Ladies Development Programs.
- Assist in day-to-day member repairs and requirements commensurate with PGA certification of skills attainment.
- Ensure timely delivery where possible of Golf Hardware.
- Ensure customers are updated to the status of pending orders.
- Undertake general administrative duties as required such as taking phone calls, member and public enquiries,
- Assess and make recommendations for staff training and development,
- Any other duties as directed that would be reasonable based on your skills and level of training at the direction of the General Manager or Director of Golf.
Skills and experience
- Strong communication skills.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- The ability to interact with a diverse group of people including internal and external stakeholders,
- A strong interest in golf,
- The capacity to perform the requirements of the role with a minimum level of supervision.
- 3 – 5 years in a similar role.
- Proven strong knowledge of the Golf Retail Environment.
- Experience in Golf Operations
- Acute understanding of the Member Service Environment
- Full Vocational Member of the PGA of Australia
- Relevant degree in Business, Hospitality or Leisure Management.
- PGA International Golf Institute Diploma in Golf Management
This position requires an average of 38 hours per week, however the days of work will be flexible to ensure your attendance at meetings and participation in special events outside of office hours including evenings and weekends.
To express your interest in the role please forward a Cover Letter and CV to Steve Rhind, Director of Golf via email by June 20, 2021.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.