FACEBOOK Minnippi Golf and Range
We are looking to appoint a passionate and creative Head Chef to join our brand-new team at Minnippi Golf & Range and Cooee Café & Restaurant to oversee management and running of the day-to-day operations of the kitchen whilst leading a multi-talented team on site.
Minnippi Golf & Range opened in September 2023 with brand-new 18-hole golf course and driving range, with a newly constructed 150 seater restaurant (due to open in early 2024), all only 15 minutes from the CBD of Brisbane, Queensland. Clublinks Management have been awarded the management rights to this outstanding golf facility.
Our proposed food and beverage approach will focus on locally sourced produce showcasing local beers and spirits alongside an inspired menu that provides the community with a fresh, modern and family friendly space to connect over coffee, drinks, lunch and dinner.
Who are we?
At Clublinks, we’re bright, bold, nimble and we like to have fun!
Adopting company values of “Stand Out”, “Be Awesome”, “Speak Up” and “Get *#it Done” we are not afraid to be different and provide innovative solutions to deliver success. Our 500 plus team are based at our sites across VIC, NSW, QLD and WA and our head office at the Waterman Business Centre, Caribbean Park in Melbourne.
We are looking for a new team of “Happy Experts” to deliver an outstanding food & beverage offering, including an enticing menu for the golfers and local community.
- Opportunity to open a brand new café & restaurant and build your team
- Scope for 4 day working weeks as per business requirements
- Free employee assistance program
- Free golf, aquatic and gym membership across our managed sites – fair use policy applies
- Great workplace culture, true to our values
- Opportunity for growth and involvement in projects of significance for the business
- Free onsite parking
Reporting to the Minnippi Golf & Range GM, the successful applicant will be responsible for the management and running of the day-to-day operations of the kitchen whilst leading a multi-talented team on site to ensure the production of high quality food for all hospitality outlets. These outlets include the Cooee Café & Restaurant (once opened), the golf shop, the food truck and any food and beverage offerings and corporate golf events.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Oversee all food production operations at the facility and ensure the delivery of consistent, high-quality food for all F&B offerings
- Create, maintain and update menu specification, costed recipes and pictures, and production forecasts
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager with the recruitment and selection of key personnel
- Daily management of kitchen staff including but not limited to daily direction and support and dealing with unacceptable performance or conduct
- Staff training and development including operational kitchen tasks, food and beverage product knowledge, menu & event briefings
- Stock and inventory management – including ordering and stock takes
- Control costs in line with the approved budgets, including rostering according to venue demands keeping food costs in line
- Ensure the Kitchen remains in a useable and safe state at all times
- Maintain WHS systems and ensure adherence by all staff to policies and procedures
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained in the safe operation of equipment, tools, machines, vehicles and the application and storage of chemicals
Ideally you possess some spunk, have exceptional communication skills, meet all our values and have a good spread of working availability. In addition to these key attributes, you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
You will have:
- 3 + proven years’ experience working in a similar role within the Hospitality, Entertainment and/or Recreation industries.
- Cert IV Commercial Cookery, Food Safety Supervisor
- Exceptional leadership skills including a proven track record of developing high performing teams, mentoring and coaching
- Proven track record of working in a high paced, active F&B environment and delivering exceptional results
- Creativity and a passion for the role and desire to succeed
- Solid financial and business acumen
- Proven experience in rostering
- Energetic and vibrant approach
- Effective proven results in menu design, costing, stocktaking and negotiation with suppliers
- Experience with function menu design and delivery
- Contractor and stakeholder management experience
- First Aid, Working with Children Check and Police Check
Please do not delay in sending through your application with a cover letter and your current resume. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.