Indooroopilly Golf Club (IGC) is one of Australia’s most highly respected private golf clubs, situated on 131-hectare site 10 kilometres from the Brisbane CBD. The 36-hole complex features four nines of different character together with extensive training and practice facilities. The course is on a peninsula surrounded by the Brisbane River.
The Club was founded in 1926 and today has around 2,300 members. A step change opportunity has been presented that enables the Club to enter a significant development growth phase and position IGC as an industry leading facility.
IGC is now accepting applications from dynamic and innovative industry professionals for the position of Horticulturist. The successful applicant will join a course maintenance team focussed on fulfilling the potential of the site whilst providing exceptional playing facilities.
- Responsible for the programming, budgeting and maintenance of the horticulture department at Indooroopilly Golf Club.
- Hold a Chemical Application licence and conduct spraying as per schedule.
- Troubleshoot irrigation as required.
- Provide the highest standard of Landscape conditions consistent with IGC long term objectives.
- Assist with the development of plans and strategies with the course leadership team for continual improvement of the course operations, resource allocations and personnel both short and long term.
- Demonstrated ability within the industry of a sustainable diverse theme
- Strong interpersonal skills, employee engagement and team leading focus:
- 5+ years’ experience as a horticulturist in a managerial position is beneficial;
- Minimally hold a Certificate III in Horticulture;
- Valid driver’s license and qualified to work full time within Australia;
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with people in a variety of circumstance from various backgrounds;
- Possess a thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to work;
- Able to plan, prioritize and co-ordinate, multi-task and complete work assignments within deadlines;
- Prior urban landscape experience is advantageous.
The successful applicant will enjoy a vibrant club atmosphere and an appropriate remuneration package.
Applications are to include a Cover Letter addressing all criteria and resume (with current referees) submitted by email Attention: Ben Grylewicz, Course Manager
*Phone calls will not be accepted at this time.
To apply for this job please visit igcgolf.com.au %20 .