Howlong is situated on the banks of the majestic Murray River, 29 km west of Albury, within a renowned gourmet food and wine region. The award winning Howlong Golf Resort boasts one of the largest membership base of any golf Club in Australia and has a reputation of being one of the best presented courses on the Murray River.
The Club has a picturesque 18-hole golf course, Bowling Greens, Resort Complex with 25 rooms and 4 luxury Apartments, large club house with the Restaurants, Cafe, function rooms and gaming machines.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified Assistant Course Superintendent to support our Course Superintendent and skilled and dedicated greens team to nurture, develop and maintain our renowned course and surrounds to a very high standard.
The ideal applicant will possess;
- excellent organisational skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- a genuine passion for the outdoors/horticulture/golf industry
- be well presented, friendly and professional
- the ability to work as part of a team and to lead and inspire others
- a strong work ethic
- Ability to operate repair and maintain a Toro automated electric irrigation system
- Skills in herbicide and fertiliser application including appropriate chemical use accreditation
- Skilled in operating a wide variety of machinery
- Chemcert or equivalent
- Chainsaw certificate (desirable)
- Hold a current Australian Driver’s license
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Formal qualifications at a minimum of Level 3 in Turf grass Management (Horticulture) is essential.
Further details can be obtained by visiting our website https://www.howlonggolf.com.au/work-with-us .
Applications including a resume and cover letter should be forwarded to HR Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org