Mount Maunganui Golf Club is a prestigious 18 Hole course in Mount Maunganui. It was established in 1935 and the Club has just over 1100 members. The Club was voted ‘NZ Golf Club of the Year in 2018’ and has a fantastic clubhouse facility that services its members, community groups and private functions.
To ensure that the Golf Club continues to provide not only a first-class service to its members, but also to keep the business administration of the Club running at an optimum, Mount Maunganui Golf Club is looking for an experienced administrator with office management and project management skills to join the team.
The role reports to the Golf Club General Manager, however it comes with a high degree of autonomy. Your days will be busy and varied as you deal with member inquiries, update membership records online, liaise with a variety of external suppliers and contractors, and produce and provide Golf Club committees with their monthly accounts. A key focus will be to build strong, professional relationships with the Golf Club’s internal hospitality and retail teams, providing appropriate administration support to ensure business continuity. There will also be opportunities to manage specifically identified projects end to end, which may relate to facilities, marketing, IT support or internal systems and process improvement.
This role will suit someone who has already proven themselves in similar roles, and ideally, may have either worked in, or had an active involvement with Sports/Social Clubs or maybe even a Golf Club. A proactive, and flexible approach is crucial as is having a highly customer orientated and service driven work ethic.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a successful track record of experience in Office/Business Administration Management roles (at least 5 years)
- Project Management experience – end to end
- Be able to produce work to a high standard of accuracy, literacy and often to tight deadlines
- Have a strong customer focus and an ability to engage professionally with a wide variety of individuals
- Have an ability to develop long term, professional relationships both internal and external
- Have excellent organisational skills, with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Have an extensive knowledge of MS Office Suite; Word, Excel and Powerpoint are essential
- A working knowledge of Googledocs/Googlesheets
- Have accounts experience, including invoicing, bank reconciliation, GST returns. A high level of competence with Xero is essential
- Be able to be productive in the role, and to establish rapport and credibility with internal staff and Golf Club members quickly
- Ideally have some level of competency with database and social media applications
- Current full and clean New Zealand Driver’s Licence
- Enjoy golf, play, have had exposure to or an understanding of the game
The other essential attributes for this role include:
- outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to empathize and engage
- a target focused and highly driven work ethic
- a high level of self-motivation
- ability to prioritize, to problem solve and contingency plan
- an ability to work well and professionally under pressure
- being a team player
- having an outgoing personality and a sense of humour
This is a diverse role, providing an opportunity to utilize your existing skills and to take on new challenges. This is a full-time position. Hours are 8.00 am – 5.00 pm Monday to Friday inclusive. Benefits include free car parking and uniform allowance.
If this sounds like your next career move, then apply today by sending your application with a cover letter to our external HR Consultants .