For the first time in 10 years an exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced operations manager and hospitality professional to drive the current and future food & beverage experience at The Club at Parkwood Village on the Gold Coast.
The Club at Parkwood Village is a premier entertainment destination and the official home of the Gold Coast Titans.
Conveniently located in the heart of the Gold Coast. The Club at Parkwood Village offers guests and members a pristine par 71 golf course, seasonal dining, café, kids arcade, sports bar and gaming, event centre as well as the largest mini golf course in Australia, and five state of the art Topgolf Swing Suite bays.
The Club at Parkwood Village is designed to cater to all tastes, special events and budgets with an extensive range of dining, entertainment & golf options as well as an award-winning function and events venue.
In late 2019 The Club completed an eight-million-dollar renovation and our food & beverage business is thriving. We recently announced plans for another significant project unlike anything seen in Australia, The Launch of a new Surf and Golf resort (see video below) that will no doubt excite and attract the best operations manager in the business. This resort will be the first of its kind in Queensland, and will set an industry standard not only in our region but with a view of being one of the best in the world. With a wave pool capable of producing perfect 6ft waves, a resort featuring boutique rooms, expansive food and beverage offerings, event and retail spaces, and an upgraded 18 Hole Championship Golf Course, there is no limit to where we can go.
We are looking for an extremely talented Hospitality operator with a wealth of experience, creative flair, strong business acumen and highly regarded in the Industry. The role would also suit a younger manager with the skills, drive and passion to make a significant career in this industry.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the General Manager and responsible for the successful day to day management of all food & beverage operations across the business
- Management of the clubs commercial outcomes including wages, COGS, and operating expenses.
- Develop & implement the operating model & policies and procedures for all Food & Beverage operations
- Recruit, train, inspire and lead staff ensuring the maintenance of our business culture and ethics
- Develop and implement all new beverage menus ensuring speed, quality and profit is not compromised whilst keeping the offering on trend and relevant
- Management of equipment including facilitating maintenance, new purchases, and correct usage
- Supplier relationships, Tendering, Ordering, stocktake and wastage management in collaboration with senior Food & Beverage staff and utilisation of the Swiftpos software.
- Management of the Front of House roster, annual leave plan and learning & training program
The successful applicant will have:
- A genuine passion and love for the industry, customers and the team you work with
- Significantly high volume (1000 plus covers per day) in a pub, club or bistro environment highly regarded
- Experience with high volume banquets / events in a hotel or event centre environment highly regarded
- An outgoing personality with the ability to engage with various employees and stakeholders.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong business acumen with the ability to be as accurate and passionate “on the tools” as well as in the office
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of deliverables
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Computer skills including Word, Excel and various business software and programs
In return, you can expect a strong work life balance, passionate and friendly team with a supportive culture. An attractive salary for the right candidate whilst working in a beautiful environment with the opportunity to create something new.
This role will be a 75% operational 35% office based position
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to Cody Mathie, General Manager