About Golf Australia
Golf Australia is the governing body for golf in Australia.
Our goal is to raise the level of interest and participation in the game from grass roots through to elite golfers, to fans, volunteers and associated bodies.
Our key responsibilities include:
- ensuring clubs and facilities remain financially healthy
- developing programs and opportunities to engage as many people as possible into the game
- conducting events including the Australian Opens
- managing the Rules of Golf and the national handicap system.
About the Role:
Golf Australia exists to grow the game of golf to maximise the benefits the sport provides to current and future golfers, golf facilities and the Australian community.
The Participation Officer will provide ongoing delivery and support to the Golf Development team across key strategic areas including: MyGolf (juniors), Get into Golf (adults) Play 9 & the Community Instructor Program.
Specifically, the individual will deliver, facilitate, and support a wide range of participation programs or events that help foster the growth of golf in Tasmania, including:
- Get into Golf
- Play 9
- Sporting Schools
- Community Instructor Program
The Participation Officer will aid in identifying clubs/facilities support opportunities and challenges and liaising with key clubs/facilities support staff.
This individual will also play a key role in providing insight and shaping national strategy around the Australian golf pathway’s products and offerings on a regular basis.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Participation Officer that has:
- 3+ years’ experience in the game development area within sport
- Demonstrated experience engaging/influencing within an organisation
- Demonstrated experience engaging with external stakeholders to drive participation and program outcomes
- Strong task prioritisation ability
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal/presentation
- Interest and comfort level in operationalising program strategy
- A good understanding of the Australian golf landscape
- Passion for sport (golf experience not required)
- A valid Working with Vulnerable People Card
- A valid Australian driver’s license
What you will get in return:
Employment at Golf Australia will deliver a fantastic opportunity to work within a global sport environment and a chance to effect positive change and enhancements to the wider sporting community.
Golf Australia’s values of Service Driven, Diverse & Inclusive, Excellence, Fun, Dynamic and Team ensure a supportive culture that is flexible and inclusive for all individuals to thrive.
A motor vehicle allowance will be provided for this role.