The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to protect its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other and to enjoy the experience.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to The Fitness Centre Manager, you will be the face of the Fitness Centre and responsible for creating a positive member experience. You will provide quality personal training sessions, instruct group exercise classes, complete fitness assessments and program designs and assist in operating an excellent Fitness facility including a gym, indoor and outdoor pool, group exercise studios, child minding, massage and more. We are looking for the right person to fit into our team culture and provide the ultimate member experience.
The key tasks include:
- Supervision of the Club’s Gym and Pool
- Provision of fitness advice
- Conducting Personal Training
- Conducting Group Exercise Classes
- Fitness Assessments and Exercise Prescription
- Assisting the Fitness Centre Leadership Team with the day to day running of the Fitness Centre
What does the Club need from me?
- Fully qualified Exercise Specialist (Minimum of Cert IV in Fitness required)
- Senior First Aid and CPR Certification
- Group exercise experience
- Availability to work a range of set weekly shift hours
- Excellent presentation
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with a demonstrated passion for excellence in customer service
- Display motivation and flexibility
- The ability to work within a team
- The ability to motivate members and a proactive personality will also be highly regarded
- Pool Lifeguard License
- Aquarobics certification and teaching experience
- Pilates Reformer and Mat certification and teaching experience
What’s in it for me?
First and foremost you will work in a positive and supportive workplace that is set in great surrounds (against a sporting backdrop). You can expect a competitive salary, access to training, regular feedback and a range of benefits including staff meals, social functions, discounted purchases (wine, sporting goods, etc.) and uniforms.
Submit your CV and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button.