*Full-time, part-time and/or casual opportunities available
Lonsdale Links is in an exciting period of transition with a new 18-hole golf course and clubhouse recently opening. Renowned architects Ogilvy Cocking & Mead are confident that the new course will be well entrenched in the Top 100 Courses in Australia. The new clubhouse designed by Wood Marsh is also set to become a central hub for the community of Point Lonsdale and a high-quality experience for people travelling to the Bellarine.
Our hospitality team provides food and beverage services of the highest standard to members, guests, and the public as well as corporate events, weddings, conferences and private functions.
We are looking to engage a highly professional and enthusiastic qualified Chef to provide support to the Head Chef and help manage daily kitchen operations. The successful candidate will be passionate about food and be motivated to exceed Member expectations whilst creating an outstanding food experience.
Reporting to the Head Chef, key responsibilities are:
- Produce high quality dishes that follow the established menu and meet customer expectations
- Provide support to your Head Chef and peers in the kitchen
- Your strengths will be quality of service, efficiency in task, good communication with co-workers and operate effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Ensure hygiene and food safety standards are met and adhered to by all staff in all stages of food preparation
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in good order
- Assist in the training and development of all kitchen staff to improve operational standards
- Available Monday to Sunday for day and/or evening shifts.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following attributes:
- A true hospitality professional with a love for food
- Trade qualification: Certificate IV in Commercial cookery.
- Highly motivated with a passion for service excellence and Member satisfaction
- Ability to learn, retain and reproduce recipes and menu items
- Quick and consistent with a demonstrated ability to multitask
- A high level of integrity, trustworthiness and reliability
- Enjoy working with people and as part of a close team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm under adversity
- Exceptional personal presentation and hygiene
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, public holidays and peak Summer season.
Beneficial prior experience to bring to this role:
- Experience managing catering service for 150 – 250 people
- Experience in Wedding service up to 200 people
- Ability to provide references (at least last 2 companies)
How to apply
Please click the “APPLY” button and attach your resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.