FACEBOOK The Lakes Golf Club
Accounts Officer – Part Time or Casual
The Lakes Golf Club is looking to recruit an Accounts Officer to work as a key part of the Administration Team of the Club. This vacancy has arisen due to the retirement of our current Accounts Officer after 15 year’s employment.
About The Lakes Golf Club
The Lakes is one of Australia’s premier private golf clubs and recently hosted the Australian Open Championship. Our team of 65 staff are highly professional, positive, service orientated and talented. The Club’s turnover is circa $9M.
We are seeking a suitably experienced person to take responsibility for the accounts role, to work closely with the Finance and Payroll Officer and the Assistant General Manager. The role requires approximately 32 hours a week over four days. Duties include daily cash receipting, weekly banking and reconciling bank statements, assisting with month end closing, as well as:
- Coding, checking and entering invoices to prepare for payment.
- Prepare for approval both weekly and monthly payment runs.
- Maintaining supplier master files and other filing responsibilities.
- Process customer remittance into accounting software.
- Managing Member and other customer statements each month and communicating with debtors.
- Maintaining the aged receivables and following up on overdue payments.
The successful applicant will preferably possess:
- Exceptional skills in accounts receivable and accounts payable with excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in processing.
- High level of competency with accounting software and excel.
- A strong work ethic and good communication skills.
- The ability to regularly work autonomously, whilst also enjoying being an important part of a small team.
- Experience in the club or hospitality industry beneficial but not essential.
The Club is known for its positive, supportive and enjoyable workplace culture in a beautiful environment. You will be provided with a competitive wage that is above minimum award standards, professional development and a range of benefits including complimentary meals, uniform, parking and the opportunity to play our world class golf course!
If you are interested in being part of the team of one of Australia’s leading private golf clubs where you can provide Members with a world class golfing experience, mail your application (cover letter and resume) to the Assistant General Manager David Scott.