FACEBOOK St. Michael’s Golf Club
St. Michael’s Golf Club is situated on the peninsula of the Botany Bay headlands and the National Park in Sydney’s metropolitan south. St. Michael’s stands among Australia’s best, recently ranked as one of New South Wales top ten golf courses, and holds a national ranking amongst the top fifty.
With a location immersed within the Botany Bay National Parkland, adjoining the Pacific Ocean, course designer’s Glancey and Moran(1938) had vision of designing a tough championship links course, without disturbing the natural terrain and beauty of the Little Bay peninsula (par 72).
Today St. Michael’s has evolved as one of Australia’s few environmentally aware golf links by implementing specific programs aimed at protecting our resources, flora and fauna. The objective is to reduce our carbon footprint, protect the endangered species of this region and to be responsible for the way in which we function as a golfing business.
The Golf Club is looking to add a motivated, career orientated Assistant Course Manager to its developing work team.
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will be expected to add to the positive, professional work culture at and should possess the following qualities:
- Strong leadership and team building ability
- Punctual, well presented and professional at all times
- The ability to troubleshoot situations quickly and effectively
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding of relevant WHS and Environmental regulations
- Good understanding of pest and disease management
Other skillsets that would be advantageous include:
- Golf course construction experience
- Irrigation installation experience
- Experience managing small work teams
- Experience with couch grass firm playing surfaces
- Experience with bent grass firm putting greens
St. Michael’s encourages training for the necessary skills to progress our staff careers in the turf industry.
The position includes a competitive salary, a great location and working environment. The successful candidate will be part of the senior team with the goal of continuing the rise and prominence of one of Sydney’s best links golf courses.
Applications should include your CV and a short cover letter addressed to the GM and Course Superintendent.