FACEBOOK Dunsborough Lakes Golf Club Inc.
Dunsborough is an idyllic and fast-growing coastal town of approximately 5000 people situated some 250 kilometres south of Perth on the shores of Geographe Bay. It is one of WA’s premier tourist and holiday destinations ideally located within the Margaret River region, famous for its sublime coast and beaches, great surfing, beautiful forests, premium wineries, boutique breweries and fine dining restaurants.
The Dunsborough Lakes Golf Club was established in 1993. The 18-hole championship course of 6204m was originally designed by Australian PGA great Alan Murray. The course is fully reticulated and is interspersed with many lakes and water features which host a wide variety of native bird life. The course is regarded as one of the best maintained in the south west. Fully owned by the membership, the Club controls its own destiny and is blessed to have a stable, growing membership and an exciting future.
We are seeking a suitably experienced Club Manager to assume responsibility for the professional delivery of all aspects of our golf club and to consistently exceed the expectations of our members and guests. An energetic and outgoing personality with a strong background in clubs/hotels or significant hospitality operations and a proven record of delivering results whilst maintaining operational standards over a sustained period of time is essential. Your leadership and organizational skills will enable you to drive a busy strategic agenda whilst overseeing and delivering quality operational standards and performances. You will have a passion for engaging and connecting with staff and members. You will adopt a progressive approach in your thinking and keep abreast of innovations and new technologies to ensure the Club remains relevant in the changing golf industry.
- Overseeing all departments within the business and provide leadership, supervision, direction and encouragement to the DLGC service teams
- Manage and promote the club’s services and facilities – including the golf course, golf, pro shop, tavern, restaurant, functions and events, marketing and communications
- Be involved in the development and execution of the strategic plan
- Proactively drive the club’s financial growth, green fee-paying visitors, membership, DLGC profile and overall performance
- Improve and implement systems, structures, procedures and documentation to assist with efficiency and effectiveness
- Support and work closely with the DLGC Board and Committees
- Manage and maintain a positive, friendly and professional service-oriented culture
- Building relationships and proactively engaging with guests and members
- Oversee HR administration including payroll, contracts and documentation, leave and entitlements, HR policies and compliance with legislation
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have at least 3 years in a similar senior management role
- Have strong strategic planning & marketing skills
- Demonstrate strong financial management, reporting and budgeting skills & experience
- Have sound skills in IT and computerised POS systems
- Show a proven ability to manage & lead staff to deliver an environment that is responsive to market trends and the needs of members & visitors
- Understand relevant legislative and compliance requirements
- Have a proven track record in dealing with local authorities and other external stakeholders
- Be innovative in your approach to development of the club’s revenue streams
- Be self-motivated with a drive to achieve, enthusiastic, flexible and well organised
- Be service and customer focused, engaging, and have a warm and friendly personality
- Combine professionalism in all you do with sound commercial acumen and a strong work ethic
Suitable professional qualifications will be viewed favourably. Experience in the Golf Club industry is not essential although a sound knowledge of the game of golf is preferable.
This is an exciting opportunity to be based in the beautiful South West at one of regional WA’s most attractive golf courses. A competitive salary package and other benefits, commensurate with experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Applications including a full resume and covering letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria should be emailed.