FACEBOOK Royal sydney golf club
If you’re looking for a full time role with an employer that has a strong reputation, the opportunity to develop and the chance to work with good people who are talented and work hard; join The Royal Sydney Golf Club. The Club is looking to recruit a Sous Chef Pastry to join its Kitchen team.
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to uphold its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other, and to enjoy the experience.
- Competitive salary
- Daily staff meals
- Uniforms Provided
- Discounts on wine, sporting goods
- Supportive working environment
- Access to sporting facilities
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Head Pastry Chef your primary purpose is to be hands on in the kitchen and work with a team of 4 highly motivated and professional pastry chefs.
You will have the opportunity to work in a creative environment where all produce is made in-house and your input will be highly valued.
The hours are 6am-3pm with weekend work being a requirement in this role, this will be a rotating roster.
The key tasks include:
· Assisting the Head Pastry Chef in the running of the kitchen, training and leading the team
· Providing a creative input into the preparation of desserts, pastries, chocolate work for all our busy outlets functions and events
What does the Club need from me?
· Unlimited working rights
· Minimum of 5 years experience within a hotel or high calibre patisseries
· Ability to run and lead a team
· A creative flair coupled with extensive produce knowledge and a passion for the quality and consistency of the food produced
· A passion for desserts and presentation
· A great knowledge of food and hygiene practices
· Experience in stock ordering/control and cost control
· Up to date knowledge of current food trends
· Ability to work in a busy environment
· Excellent communication skills and a professional attitude
· Well presented at all times
· Display motivation, energy and drive
· 5 star hotel experience (Desirable)
What’s in it for me?
First and foremost you will work in a positive and supportive workplace that is set in great surrounds. You can expect a competitive salary, access to training, regular feedback and a range of benefits including staff meals, social functions, discounted purchases (wine, sporting goods etc.) and uniforms.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in the role and would like to join our team, please apply via the Apply link below.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.