About the business
Federal Golf Club, located in Canberra, ACT has undergone some exciting changes. We currently have a position available in our Golf Operations Team for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to develop their skills in the golf and hospitality industry. The role will focus upon delivering exceptional customer service and undertaking various operational tasks within the Golf Shop.
About the role
The Golf Shop is the first place of contact for our members and guests. We are seeking well presented, friendly and experienced sales/service staff to join our team.
The Golf shop offers a range of golf equipment, apparel as well as food & beverage. The staff member we are seeking must be multi-skilled with excellent communication and high service standards.
Our Club is open 6:00am to 7:00pm, 7 days a week and this position will work to a rotating roster that will include weekends & public holidays.
Benefits and perks
Work in a team environment with exposure to a wide range of clientele and opportunity to develop customer service skills in a unique industry.
Skills and experience
• Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen to work as part of a team.
• Be punctual and reliable
• Be able to work flexible hours including weekend work.
• Have outstanding people skills.
• Have computer skills, good communication and customer service skills.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• Operating cash register
• Retail sales, equipment hire, refreshment sales including alcoholic beverages;
• Preparing snack foods according to food handling regulations;
• Superior customer service skills
• Answering and directing phone calls to appropriate persons;
• Take and accurately record all bookings for tee times;
• Update the online calendar with accurate booking numbers;
• Oversee golf cart management, charging and cleaning;
• Driving Range including ball collection and washing;
• Presentation and cleanliness of shop, carts, range etc
• Assist in coordination and management of competitions and events;
• Assist in planning and delivering corporate golf day and social golf events;
• Data entry, database management, web site, Instagram and Facebook page updates.
An individual with a positive attitude, excellent communication, presentation skills and flexibility with working hours should apply. Knowledge of the game of golf would be advantageous, but not essential. An eagerness and willingness to learn the game of golf is important.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.