FACEBOOK Royal Sydney Golf Club
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to protect its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other and to enjoy the experience.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Front Of House Manager, your primary purpose is to assume responsibility for the Club during the hours of 9:00pm – 7:00am. From time to time you will be required to cover staff on annual leave and for the suitable candidate to also work some evening shifts.
The days and hours required are Wednesday (9pm – 7am) / Thursday (9pm – 7am) and Friday (9pm – 7am).
The key tasks include:
- Create a welcoming and friendly environment through a consistent high level of customer service
- Maintain the rules and standards of the Club in all aspects of the Reception / Guest Service
- To ensure the Club is secure in the evening and co-ordinate with Security
- Act as the Chief fire Warden / First Aid Responder during the hours on duty
- Co-ordinate with Housekeeping staff working overnight.
- To actively provide assistance to members and guests as required
- To understand and work with the accommodation system at the Club for members, guests and reciprocal members as per the rules of the Club.
- To accept and direct all telephone and electronic communication that comes through the main Club lines of communication
- Take ownership of the general look and upkeep of the Clubhouse
- Ensure bridge areas are clean and set in according to department requirements
- Assist with the reset of key areas as required
- Newspaper distribution and the handling of deliveries
- Basic reporting skills
- Assist with monthly stocktake as required
What does the Club need from me?
- Unlimited working rights in Australia
- First Aid certification
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A can do attitude
- Experience working during the night (desirable)
- Competitive salary
- On-site Car parking
- Access to training
- Daily staff meals
- Access to sporting facilities
- Discounts on wine, sporting goods