Royal Perth Golf Club has a strong history dating back to 1895 when the club commenced on Burswood Island before moving to Wattle Grove Farm, Belmont, in 1900 and then to its current site in 1908.
Royal Perth Golf Club is the oldest golf club in metropolitan Western Australia (WA) and was awarded its Royal Status in 1937. It is recognised nationally and internationally for its facilities which include 18 golf course and multiple function rooms.
A great opportunity exists for a Short Order Cook / Salad Hand to join our friendly and dedicated team. The Short Order Cook / Salad Hand is responsible for ensuring that the standard and quality of the food preparation and the hygiene within the department is always maintained at the highest level. This role is very much hands-on, requiring attention to detail and a positive work attitude.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications and experience.
SHORT ORDER COOK / SALAD HAND JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities and Duties will include:
- Provides the highest quality product that is constantly prepared consistently based on set standards. It is imperative that everything that comes out of the kitchens receives a high level of scrutiny regarding quality and consistency and is met with a high degree of member satisfaction.
- Preparation and cooking for lunch and dinner services as well as some functions
- Food safety, dietary and allergy requirements
- Listen to staff and members. Learn names and culinary and dining requirements (allergies, etc.) and preferences.
- Establish processes to ensure consistency and quality in a la carte and banquet services.
- Liaise with management
INITIAL PRIORITIES OF THE SHORT-ORDER COOK / SALAD HAND
The successful candidate:
- Commercial Cookery Certificate required
- Two (2) years of cookery experience within a licenced club, pub or restaurant would be an advantage
- COVID-19 Certificate and Food Safety Certificate
- Is outgoing, friendly, and passionate about providing exceptional food and service.
- will be highly organised to successfully manage and lead multiple a la-carte and banquet venues simultaneously.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Immediate Start
For more information about this great opportunity, please email Peter Croese