Foreman / 2IC
St. Michael’s Golf Club is situated on the peninsula of the Botany Bay headlands and the National Park in Sydney’s metropolitan south and is one of Australia’s top 100 golf clubs.
The Golf Club is looking to add a motivated, career orientated Foreman/2IC to its developing work team. The successful candidate will be expected to add to the positive, professional work culture at and should possess the following qualities:
• Strong leadership and team building ability
• Punctual, well presented and professional at all times
• The ability to troubleshoot situations quickly and effectively
• Good communication skills
• Good understanding of relevant WHS and Environmental regulations
• Good understanding of pest and disease management
Other skillsets that would be advantageous include:
• Golf course construction experience
• Irrigation installation experience
• Experience managing small work teams
• Experience with couch grass firm playing surfaces
• Experience with bent grass firm putting greens
• Understanding the Sydney area climate and the associated challenges it presents
Further education is also available and encouraged by with the intention of providing our staff with the necessary skills to progress their career in the turf industry. The position includes a competitive salary, a fantastic working environment and will provide the successful candidate a unique opportunity to be part of the senior team with the goal of continuing the rise and prominence of one of Sydney’s best links golf courses.
Applications should include your CV and a short cover letter addressed to the GM and Course Superintendent.