Armidale Golf Club set in the picturesque New England area is looking for a Secretary/General Manager. The person we are seeking would be experienced in Hospitality Management, preferably in a Registered Club Environment. The successful candidate would also be personable and able to handle all staffing matters and work seamlessly with the Board of Directors. Must have RSA and RCG
Competencies for Role:
1. Ability to exercise sound judgement, due care and diligence at all times in a manner consistent with the best interests of the Club
2. The applicant should have a strong background in financial management and bookkeeping (proficiency in Xero beneficial)
3. Capacity to manage Business Operations, act as a public relations tactician, diplomat and innkeeper
4. Understanding of the Governance role of Board and delineation between Management and Board
5. Understanding of the role of committees and sub committees working with same to develop and carry out programmes of the Club which have been approved by the Board
6. Have a good working knowledge of the Club’s Constitution, By-Laws and any additional obligations imposed by it
7. Can handle all staff matters including effective rostering procedures, time management and staff meetings
8. Have a reasonable knowledge of applicable acts, regulations and other laws, but not limited to:
o Registered Clubs Act 2001 (NSW)
o Corporations Act 2001 (NSW)
o Liquor Act 2007 (NSW)
o Gaming Machines Act 2001 (NSW)
o Workplace Health & Safety Act 2011
o Industrial Arbitration Act
9. Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Club. You must feel comfortable in a diverse range of settings, including talking to club members, maintaining the grounds, and working inside the office.
10. You would be involved with marketing and sales and oversee, manage and train the team of staff.
11. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with club members and potential members in writing and in person. This is a high-profile, hands-on job that puts the manager in direct contact with club members.
If this position is of interest please forward your resume and statement via tab below.