Established in 1932 and moved to its current location in 1959, the Club is situated at the foot of the Adelaide Hills, just 20 kilometers from the CBD amongst a thriving northeastern community. It offers a highly rated, immaculately kept and challenging golf course; a modern clubhouse and award-winning catering facilities; and reciprocal arrangements throughout Australia and New Zealand. The catering and function facilities and service have been consistently rated highly by members, guests, the many community patrons as well as function goers and wedding parties.
This is a modern club that has been highly successful in attracting and satisfying members’ needs and that of its other patrons.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in the future of this highly-rated club.
As General Manager you will:
- Ensure a high level of personal service to members and other patrons
- Oversee the operations and finances of the club
- Provide key input into the development of the Club’s Strategic Plan
- Develop the Club’s business plans, budget and financial projections for Board approval
- Be involved in decision making at the highest level
- Keep the Board informed of the financial performance of the Club and other key performance indicators
- Lead and develop staff
- Ensure the Club’s compliance with legislation, Club Rules and Board policy.
The successful applicant will have a proven record in providing high levels of personal service, have tertiary qualifications in business administration, accounting, marketing or hospitality, or have become highly competent in the administration of a golf or sporting club through extensive experience. Highly developed IT skills is also a key requirement. Prospective applicants who don’t have this background but can demonstrate strong management and leadership experience and a strong interest in golf are also invited to apply.
Conditions of employment are excellent and remuneration will be negotiated commensurate with qualifications and experience. Weekend work is a requirement of the position.
Telephone inquiries are welcome and should be directed to Adrian Edgar on 0439 977 588.
Please email your applications via the tab below Applications close Friday, 5 March 2021.