FACEBOOK Moree Golf Club
Moree Golf Club is seeking a suitably qualified & experienced Superintendent to run the course and grounds operations of the club.
Located in the heart of Moree our club provides a challenging par 72 course set on quality 328 couch grass greens and kikuyu fairways with a recently installed fully automated irrigation system providing excellent conditions year-round. Despite being on the plains, the course is anything but flat and is built within the banks of the Mehi River giving it great character and it is a true gem of country golf.
With 360 golfing members and 1300 social members and many visitors our club has a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere.
Detailed information about our club is available on the website at www.moreegolfclub.com.au
Reporting to the General Manager and the Board of Directors, the position will cover all aspects of course maintenance and improvement including developing and working within a suitable budget.
The grounds team will consist of the superintendent plus two other full-time and part-time employees which will be supplemented by contractors and casual staff when required during peak times. The course is predominately Kikuyu fairways with 328 couch greens and experience with these grasses as well as handling hot & dry conditions would be a considerable advantage.
The position will be salary based and the ability to work flexible hours to accommodate tasks is essential.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skill to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, officials, employees, members and the general public.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
MGC will be offering a competitive remuneration package based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience and commensurate with local region conditions.
How to Apply
All applications must include your CV and cover letter addressing the Required Skills and Experiences outlined in the advertisement. Applications must include the names and contact details of two referees familiar with your recent previous work.
Initial inquiries and a copy of the position description can be sorted from Stephen Hodge.
Applications by email or post to:
Moree Golf Club
P.O. Box 95 Moree 2400
Applications will close on Friday 26th August 2022