- To manage a kitchen in NZ’s leading private members Golf Club
- Excellent chance for a head chef to extend their career in a quality environment
- To work in a predominantly daytime operation, i.e. limited evening work
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, and creative Head Chef to perform all duties and provide customer service at the highest level.
It is essential that the successful candidate for this full-time position will possess the following attributes:
A minimum of five years’ experience at a Head Chef level in a fine-dining or leading edge bistro-style environment, with the ability to provide a high quality of food and service for à la carte restaurant, banquets and café.
- Applicants should have a creative flair, a strong understanding of global food trends and the ability to create new and exciting menus, recipes and the introduction of seasonal menus.
- A passion for local New Zealand produce
- Ability to work well in a team and to work with the kitchen team to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- Proven ability in managing annual budget, in particular labour cost, food cost and wastage, and the ability to report on same.
- Outstanding management skills with excellent communication and the ability to motivate those around them.
- Credentials in food safety, health & safety in the workplace (HSW), sanitation, cleanliness and Employment Relation legislation requirements.
- Flexibility to work rostered shifts, including weekends and evenings, with the main emphasis being Wednesdays to Sundays.
- Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually update written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- To provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff working with you.
- IT literate with experience on Microsoft Office and other PC applications and computerised POS, and with the ability to be trained on computer software required to perform the role. To use the aforementioned to perform the administrative functions associated with the food department.
- To have a professional, confident and positive attitude, with a personable approach to fellow team and Club members.
The successful applicant must have excellent attention to detail, be able to multitask and work and remain calm under pressure. They will have the ability to work well in a team, co-operating well with all levels of the team and be receptive to positive and constructive feedback from peers.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency.
If this sounds like the role for you, and you are up for the challenge, please apply with a cover letter and CV below. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, your application was not successful.
Please send an application to Warwick via the tab below. Inquiries to email@example.com