The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most reputable social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to uphold its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other, and to enjoy the experience.
What’s in it for me?
While upholding the important traditions of the Club, all staff members are encouraged to strive for constant innovation, excellence, leadership and enjoyment in all they do. The Club provides a supportive workplace that values hard work, talent, enthusiasm and respect for traditions.
- Free daily staff meals
- Access to sporting facilities and fitness classes
- Discounts on wine and sporting goods
- Uniforms provided
- Supportive working environment
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing initiatives
Key tasks include:
- Maintaining the highest standard of cleanliness, presentation and hygiene in all guest rooms and public areas of the Club.
- Cleaning public areas such as lobby, lift, stairways and toilets in the Club.
- Liaise with various departments to achieve an organized and cohesive approach towards daily operations at the Club.
- Working closely with the events team and assisting with all functions including bump-in/bump-out, pack down of all events.
- Delivery of linen, towels, roll away beds to accommodation rooms.
- Manual handlining to assist with the setup of events and functions.
- Storage, ensure orders are placed with appropriate lead times in pre-assigned areas.
- Ensure all stocks and storage areas are kept secure. Report any deviations to the Clubhouse Operations Manager.
- Rotate all perishable stock to ensure timely usage.
- Deliver appropriate quantities of stocks to appropriate areas as per requisitions or other approved internal ordering processes.
- Ordering stock and placing orders with multiple suppliers in a timely manner.
- Ensure delivery without spillage or damage (record any losses on inventory system and report to Finance Manager)
- Assist with the management of the garbage room.
- Ensure loading dock area is maintained in line with COVID protocols.
What does the Club need from me?
- Previous experience in a housekeeping, cleaning or other similar role gained within a quality hotel environment is essential.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines.
- First aid certificate.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Availability is required on weekdays and weekends for afternoon shifts 2.30pm-10.30pm. We look for candidates who are honest and reliable. A positive attitude and an eye for detail will be highly regarded.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.