- Industry leading golf brand in Australia with 80% market share!
- Oversee an established portfolio of brands
- Entrepreneurial family run business with a fantastic culture!
We are a group of family run companies.
Since 1993, MGI has grown to be one of Australia’s leading Golf wholesale companies. This success has seen our recent expansion in to the international market. MGI prides itself on delivering quality products and fantastic service all around the world.
Boasting some of Australia’s most recognised baby brands, The Amazing Baby Company (TABC) has been in a major player in the Australian Baby Industry for more than ten years.
At MGI and TABC, we rely on a meticulous accounts department to support our three businesses. Due to business growth, we require a highly skilled Assistant Accountant to assist our Finance Manager, to ensure that our accounts are up to date and our finance department is running smoothly.
As our Assistant Accountant you will assist with the Accounts Receivables function for our domestic and US businesses including; debt collection, the maintenance of debtor files, the processing of debtor receipts and the monthly reconciliation of US debtors accounts.
You will also be responsible for MGI’s Accounts Payable function including; the processing of vendor invoices, processing payments (including EFT) and the maintenance of Vendor records.
Your exceptional reconciliation skills are essential to ensure accurate reconciliation of multiple business bank accounts and US banks as well as GL Reconciliations as required. A clear eye for detail is necessary to identify and resolve any discrepancies.
This is a varied and diverse role. We are seeking someone with a can-do attitude and willingness to take on additional duties as needed.
You will be required to use Sage accounting software so any prior experience will be advantageous (but not essential). However, previous exposure to large ERP financial systems and your ability to pick up new systems quickly is necessary.
Skills, Attributes and Qualifications
- A finance related degree or diploma
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Assistant Accountant fulfilling similar role requirements
- A solid understanding of financial principles, accounting and bookkeeping
- Outstanding attention to detail and reconciliation skills (across various platforms and currencies)
- Previous experience working across several businesses and international currencies
- Experience with accounting software and online platforms (knowledge of Sage would be highly regarded)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including solid Excel skills
- Strong independent working skills as well as being a team player
- Superb time management and organsiational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and an excellent phone manner
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to be adaptable and flexible to work related tasks
This is a newly created role to support business growth. Ideally, this is a full-time position however we do have some flexibility. We require the successful applicant to work Monday to Friday however we are flexible regarding start and finish times, but they need to remain consistent each week.
No red tape. No corporate.
Eastern Suburbs. Onsite parking. Impressive new office space. Friendly, casual and hard-working environment with an exceptional culture.
Apply now with your expression of interest and resume to the Recruitment Manager, Annabel Hall.
The successful candidate will be offered an as soon as possible start date.