The primary purpose of the Assistant Accountant position is to assist and support the Finance Director with day-to-day accounting tasks, accounts payable duties, month-end processing, and reporting.
This is a hands-on role and prior practical experience with GST, FBT, payroll and day-to-day accounting tasks is essential. Experience with the development and implementation of new systems and procedures would be beneficial.
Please provide a covering letter, accompanied by your resume. The salary will be negotiated based on experience.
Excellent opportunity to join the team at a private golf club to further your career.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable – includes billing, reimbursements, payment receipts and account reconciliation
- Responsible for Accounts Payable utilising automated software – includes supplier statement reconciliations
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Review debtor accounts and follow up on outstanding invoices
- Process EOM accrual and adjustment journals and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist Finance Director to prepare financial statements and provide commentary
- Prepare BAS lodgement
- Liaise with departments across the business to resolve the issues in reconciliations
- Conduct expense analysis to further improve cost control and analysis
- Assist with the finance year-end and audit process
- Assist with the continuous improvement of the finance department and overall company finances
- Other Ad-hoc duties as required
- Process payroll journals including assisting back up for Payroll Officer
- Australian Citizen or Permanent resident
- Minimum three years experience working in a similar role
- Qualification in Accounting or demonstrated experience
- High attention to detail
- Proficient in excel and MS Office applications
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff meals
- Staff parking
- Access to the golf course and driving range facilities
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.