Who we are
Wyong Golf Club is situated on the beautiful NSW Central Coast, located less than 1-hour drive from Sydney’ northern suburbs. At Wyong Golf Club we pride ourselves on delivering the best service and experience to our customers and do everything we can to make sure our customers leave happy. We have a mixture of members and guests from the golfing community and general public. We are a busy golf club with circa 60,000 rounds of golf annually, which is supported by 1200 golfing members.
Who we are seeking
The position is ideal for someone seeking to progress his or her career in the golf industry. Wyong Golf Club is seeking 2 x qualified golf professionals who want to join an innovative a and progressive Club. This person needs to be a team player whilst possessing the skills to work as an individual. They will take pride in their work and continually set high standards for the club and your peers.
What the position entails
This position will ideally be full-time (but we will also consider part time roles for the right candidate). The position’s overall objective is to coordinate and supervise the daily delivery of Golf Operations to the standards as determined by the Board of Directors or General Manager.
Wyong Golf Club is commencing plans for a major Golf Shop Renovation which includes a significant upgrade of existing facility that focuses on improving the services available for members and guests. The new services for members and guests will include:
- State of the art fitting centre
- Open plan club fitting and repairs centre
- Self-serve food and beverage offering
- Increased availability of merchandise
- Welcoming and modern fixtures and fittings as part of a Proshop re-design/fit out
Main Duties Include:
- Coordination of daily operations, including but not limited to: course marshal, social play, starting, presentations, accurate processing of members and guest handicaps, competition management and member accounts.
- Management of booking system (Miclub) which includes bookings, competition management and prize allocation.
- Club Fitting as required by members and golfing customers
- The provision of golf instruction to members for reasonable fee including assistance in developing junior programs.
- Coordination of golf cart management.
- Ensures department and work environment meets WHS requirements.
- To comply with standards of conduct as prescribed by PGA
- Experience in merchandising assisting in maintaining an appropriate range of golf equipment, apparel and accessories.
- Stock control experience.
- Able to work a Full-Time roster which includes weekend hours.
- Experience & Qualification:
- Qualified PGA Professional
- Proven experience in similar role.
- Proven strong customer service standards.
- Must have held a similar position elsewhere and be able to demonstrate success
- Proven ability in managing and directing staff.
- Must have an understanding of all Microsoft applications and be computer literate.
- Possess strong communication and organisation skills.
- Strong and reliable work ethic.
- Excellent knowledge of current trends within the golf industry.
- PGA Qualification – Ideally with advanced status in one or more fields.
- Previous experience in using Mpower VM, Miclub, EBET and Senpos
- Previous experience with club fitting & coaching with the use of a Tech Centre
Salary – Negotiable on qualifications and experience. Coaching will also be negotiated over and above salary.
All applications in writing with CV and Covering letter via the tab below.
Online applications only. Phone calls and walk-ins will not be accepted.
Application close Friday 23rd April, 2021