In the North-Western suburbs of Melbourne towards Bendigo, is Keilor Public Golf Course (KPGC), a community-focused 18-hole golf course, driving range, and golf academy. KPGC has been part of the Brimbank community for over 40 years, owned by Brimbank Council and proudly managed by Belgravia Leisure for the last decade.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced golf club manager or administrator looking to take the next step in Golf Operations. The Assistant Manager will support the co-ordination and development of a team that can deliver a professional, courteous, and enjoyable golfing experience for our Members and guests.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the successful applicant must be well presented, honest, reliable, organised, and self-motivated with a good work ethic and have the skills to assist lead a professional hospitality team.
- Assist with the management and day-to-day operations of the Club, food & beverage facilities, events, and membership services, and overall co-ordination of club events, and otherwise assist the Centre Manager as required.
- Golf administration duties at weekly, monthly, annual intervals, as scheduled by the Golf Club of Keilor, such as forward creation of golf competition timesheets in Quick18, and tee-sheet co-ordination, social group bookings, competition, and voucher processing.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, communications, and presentations using a range of Microsoft applications.
- Assist with ordering of stock across Proshop and F&B lines, stock management and reporting.
- Support the Centre Manager by progressing Action Items and/or assign to appropriate staff.
- Provide periodical updates on the planning and implementation progress of key events & initiatives.
- Assist with marketing and promotion of the Club to Members and guests within the local community.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with the Club’s Members by being a good communicator, listener and being responsive to their needs.
- Participate actively and effectively in identifying process improvements within the Club.
- Work in collaboration with ground staff, pro shop & range staff, to provide a consistent approach to work processes, ensuring the golf competition and events are completed as expected.
- Assist with customer service, cleaning of facility and re-stocking.
- A positive outlook with the ability to solve problems and improve outcomes.
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience in an administration role in a similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and professional demeanour.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise task completion, and work effectively within required timelines, exercising initiative.
- Competent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new systems.
- Available to work varied shifts from early mornings to afternoons, including weekends and Public Holidays.
- Certificates & Qualifications
- Working with Children (or equivalent)
- National Police Check
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Current CPR Certificate
- Must have full working rights within Australia and full COVID Vaccination
- Australian Drivers license
The successful applicant will be motivated, confident and an excellent communicator who has already achieved a high level of success (not necessarily in the golf industry).
An attractive remuneration package will be discussed with applicants throughout the interview process.
Note – This is a fixed-term contract ending 30th of May 2023.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Jack McDonald, Centre Manager, Keilor Public Golf Course.