Head Professional Heath Bensted is seeking an enthusiastic PGA member to join the team at Northern Golf Club in the role of an Assistant Professional. The successful applicant must be a dedicated PGA member and be passionate about providing professional service to the members and visitors. This position primarily is an operations/retail role with some coaching & club-fitting.
Northern Golf Club is situated only 20 minutes north of Melbourne’s CBD and has over 1000 members and is considered the ‘Jewel of the North’. The club’s facilities consist of an 18-hole championship golf course, dedicated chipping & putting green, a full-length driving range, a state-of-the-art teaching/fitting studio, a modern fully stocked pro shop, and a beautiful recently developed clubhouse.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- General Pro Shop duties
- Equipment sales
- High-level customer service
- Golf equipment repairs
- Some club fitting & coaching
- Cart Management
- Competition Starting
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes:
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent personal presentation
- Experience with MiClub preferred but not essential
- Strong work ethic with a can-do attitude
- Ability to lead a team when required
- Commitment to ongoing improvement & learning (ACE Program)
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated PGA Professional, well presented and team-oriented person who is willing to demonstrate commitment in the pursuit of service excellence.
A competitive remuneration package $70,000+ (Plus Incentives) will be offered to the successful candidate in relation to their experience. Coaching and club fitting will form a part of the remuneration package.
Applications including a covering letter and detailed resume should be addressed to:
Heath Bensted – Head Professional