Who we are:
Cottesloe Golf Club is an exclusive Members golf club located in Swanbourne, Western Australia. We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic, experienced Director of Golf to lead our team. Cottesloe Golf Club was last year ranked as the number one Metropolitan golf course in WA and was a finalist in the Clubs industry members function of the year in 2021.
An 18-hole golf course layout boasting breathtaking views of the Ocean and the city from both the clubhouse and the golf course. The club was established in -1908 and has a reputation for excellence in service.
The Director of Golf operates at both a tactical and strategic level providing a clear vision for the Golf Operation strategic direction. The Director of Golf is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the Club’s golf operations with respect of membership and golfer enjoyment, events, golf shop, practice range, motorised cart operations, tuition and game development initiatives. The position will promote an exceptional golf and membership experience as well as having the competency and capability as Acting Chief Executive Officer on various occasions.
The Director of Golf reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Draw up and implement operational procedures for each area, ensuring that objectives are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, timed and support the vision for the Club.
- Produce regular reports on financial performance, stock control, course utilisation, sales and marketing activity, and human resources.
- Regularly review course usage and make recommendations for best use of tee times in relation to business needs.
- Ensure the accurate processing of green fees and merchandise daily with the implementation of proper cash management procedures.
- Effectively roster staff in line with business requirements, monitor labour costs to budget and limit overtime.
- Monitor appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all golf operations equipment and facilities including presentation of golf shop and back of house areas.
- Ensure accurate reservations and booking system enforcing Member and visitor entitlements and report visitor play accordingly.
- Accurately maintains and manages procedures and financial records for Scholarship, Pennant and Junior Development programs.
- Develop yield management strategies in relation to Member Categories/usage and visitor play.
- Recommends policy change, fee structure, hours of operation and membership structure.
- Prepare for, attend and contribute to match committee and management meetings.
- Oversee the Golf Shop to organise and conduct promotional events focused on equipment and custom fitting to stimulate product sales.
- Develop and oversee golf instruction, clinics, golf schools and player development programs for all customer segments, with particular focus on women and junior game development.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for all aspects of Golf Operations
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer with developing the Club’s annual fixture of events.
- Coordinate plans with the Facilities Manager for all food and beverage needs, on-course food and beverage needs and catering for all golf functions.
- Ensure timely correspondence with members, clients and Management.
- Conducts regular course inspections to review the conditions of the course and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Liaise with the Course Superintendent.
- Maintain active membership in appropriate professional organisations
- Current First aid certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA); and/or minimum 3 year’s experience as Director of Golf; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience of yield management, budgeting, revenue forecasting, capital expenditure, stock management, marketing plans.
- Experienced in writing business reports.
- A good understanding of the game of golf and the Golf Australia handicapping system with experience in tournament management.
- The ability to work both as a team member and with autonomy
Send your application to the Chief Executive Officer via the tab below. Closes 15 August 2022.