The Metropolitan Golf Club, one of the premier clubs in Australia and located on Melbourne’s famed Sandbelt, is looking for an experienced Golf Professional to join its team. A host of numerous international events, including the 2018 World Cup of Golf, provides a modern, progressive, and engaging environment to learn and work.
Established in 1901, the Club has a proud and long history and is excited about future capital projects that will see further enhancements to its facilities.
The Club is looking for a professional who is hands-on and prepared to support a dynamic and highly motivated team to deliver the highest level of service to its member and guests. The Director of Golf will play a front-facing role and be a key figure within the Club, a person that will build meaningful relationships over a journey.
Supported by a Golf Administration Manager, and leaders in retail and coaching, the Director of Golf will play the key oversight and support role to ensure that all of these segments are running effectively and delivering industry-leading services. Separately, the Director of Golf will take responsibility for the end-to-end corporate golf experience.
The successful applicant will ideally possess the following:
- PGA qualification;
- Experience working in a private golf club delivering high-level customer service;
- An outgoing personality and ability to build relationships;
- Management experience including excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Administration and marketing skills, including social media.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Supporting the teaching professionals to deliver tuition programs that enhance member enjoyment and grow development areas such as women and junior golf;
- Ensure that the retail operations are planned, organised, and delivering positive service and financial outcomes;
- Assist the Golf Administration Manager to deliver high-quality member golf competitions;
- Oversee the management and growth of visitor golf, including corporate, and interstate/international visitation.
- Work closely with the Management Team to ensure all departments are working collaboratively.
This is a long-term position, and it is expected that the successful applicant will learn and develop an appreciation of the Club’s history while working with a progressive and dynamic team.
Meals and parking are provided, while a commitment to your ongoing education will be given to ensure that you are growing in your role and continually delivering best practices.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a self-motivated person who is passionate about working with a team and achieving collective goals.
Please send your cover letter and resume marked for the attention of the General Manager, Peter Paccagnan, by Friday 30 July 2021. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.