The Royal Melbourne Golf Club is recognised as one of the leading golf clubs in Australia with two of the pre-eminent golf courses in the world.
The Club was founded in 1891 and has been host to numerous national and international tournaments. We have a proud reputation of providing Members and guests with a friendly, welcoming, and inclusive experience.
The golf courses and renowned hospitality provide Members with world-class facilities for golf whilst enjoying fellowship and camaraderie with their guests.
This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious Club and bring your passion for exceptional quality and creativity to join our hospitality team.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Executive Chef who is passionate and enthusiastic and who has culinary professionalism with the ability to innovate and take our exceptional standards to the next level.
This is the perfect opportunity for an Executive Chef to take on the full-time role of our catering operations and make it their own. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership skills to mentor the team to learn and continue to grow within the hospitality industry.
Reporting to the General Manager, the role will be responsible for:
- Ensuring exceptional standards and consistency across menus and meal presentation and service standards.
- Developing creative recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which assure consistently high quality.
- Developing policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updating procedures to incorporate state-of-the-art techniques and equipment.
- Liaising with Club management to attain financial and creative targets.
- Motivating and developing employees.
- Implementing training programs to increase their knowledge about safety, hygiene, and accident prevention techniques.
- BOH systems, ordering, and inventory.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Approving requisitions and purchase of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Minimising food costs and working with the Food & Beverage Services Manager in establishing strong communications between all staff to ensure high customer service and ensure that food production is consistently met or exceeds the expectation of guests.
- Coordinating and attending Food & Beverage staff meetings to ensure all are briefed and understand the requirements of functions, banquets and events together with day-to-day trading.
- Cooking and directly supervising the cooking of skill-intensive items.
- Ensuring proper staffing, maximum productivity, and exceptional quality standards; control food and wage costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in a similar role.
- Initiative and ability to work autonomously and lead a team.
- Extensive diverse food knowledge.
- Attention to detail and excellent quality control.
- Creativity for menu development.
- An even temperament and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience with administration, people management.
- Impeccable organisation, hygiene and presentation.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Salary remuneration will be aligned with experience, qualifications, and knowledge.
- Autonomy and creative freedom.
- Great work environment.
All applicants must provide a cover letter and current resume detailing experience and qualifications for the role.
Applications close on Tuesday, 24th May 2022.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.