The Barwon Heads Golf Club, founded in 1907, is recognised nationally as one of the country’s finest golf clubs. Located on the Bellarine Peninsula, 20 minutes from Geelong, the heritage-listed Clubhouse includes 20 accommodation rooms plus multiple dining and function spaces, both formal and casual, and multiple function rooms. The Club has an active membership participating in golf, tennis, bridge, and billiards, amongst other social activities. Our vision is to provide an exceptional links golf experience for our members and guests.
We are currently looking for an experienced Food & Beverage Manager to join our team. This is a rare opportunity where you can make this role your own!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about hospitality and can lead a team to deliver an exceptional food and beverage experience.
This role is responsible for:
- Overseeing the day to day running of the Food and Beverage department working closely with other department heads and reporting to the General Manager.
- Responsible for all areas of food and beverage service and the service environment.
- Relationship Management – building sustainable relationships with members, their guests, house guests and visitors.
What you will do:
- Ensuring the club offers an exceptional food and beverage experience from the moment members and guests walk through the door
- Management of Club functions and events
- Ensure the food and beverage team adhere to Club policies and standards
- Ensure health and safety is monitored at all times
- Enhance the overall ambiance of the member and guest dining experience.
- Ability to find solutions in a calm and professional manner
- Be up to date with food and beverage trends
- We are looking for a leader who leads by example and truly supports their team in a caring and collaborative manner.
- Manage a streamlined budget and cost centre
- Recruitment, onboarding and performance management of employees
What we are looking for:
- You will be a hospitality Leader who thrives on leading, being around people, connecting and making a difference!
- A relationship builder is a must
- Fine dining experience in a private club environment is advantageous
- Strong organisational skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- In depth knowledge of food, beverages and wine – essential
- RSA Certificate is essential
- An understanding of OHS requirements
- Excellent knowledge of food and wine is advantageous
Join this sought-after iconic club and enjoy working with an experienced team and a Club that is passionate about its people.
The Barwon Heads Golf Club provides many benefits to it’s employees, in a very supportive environment.
Take a look at our website for more information.
If you would like a copy of the position description or further information about this exciting role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
1. We respectfully ask you to not contact The Barwon Heads Golf Club directly so they can attend to their daily workload.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted throughout the recruitment campaign.