Bexley Golf Club is seeking the services of a General Manager. Founded in 1939, the club is located 15 minutes from Sydney’s CBD and 10 minutes from Kingsford Smith airport. The club boasts a strong membership base combined with busy green fee traffic.
The club is looking for a hands-on manager who can immerse themselves in every aspect of the business and continue the growth that the club has enjoyed over the last few years. The successful manager will oversee all facets of the operation including the course, clubhouse, administration and the in-house pro shop. The role also includes working closely with the outsourced caterers to drive income through member and visitor functions. The club currently operates 10 poker machines and Keno.
The responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day management of the club.
- Promotion of the course and clubhouse usage.
- Management, of course, bar and pro shop staff.
- Financial management of all club monies.
- Implementation of the strategic direction of the Board of Directors and Match & Greens committee.
- Work closely with the superintendent to ensure the standard of course presentation is maintained.
- Assist the Accounts Manager in the preparation of budgets and financial management of the club.
- Induction of new members and the execution of membership subscriptions.
- Adherence to all relevant compliance.
The successful candidate should possess all or most of the following:
- Ability to lead staff and stakeholders.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to become hands-on in every aspect of the business.
- Possess excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and willingness to grow the business.
- Previously held similar roles within golf or licensed clubs.
- Proven marketing and sales skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends, public holidays and evenings, when required.
- Current RSA and RCG.
- Willingness to become the licensee.
Attractive remuneration (plus business growth incentives) will be offered to the successful candidate based on experience.
Please submit your CV and Cover letter via the tab below.
Closing date Monday 19th August