Based in Melbourne, Australia, this General Manager position will lead all business plans and activities for the Pacific market, with full P&L responsibility. It will report into the Vice President & Managing Director, EMEAP based in Basingstoke, UK. In addition, the General Manager will also serve as a member of the Board of Directors for the Pacific business entity.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the Pacific management team – plan, direct, manage, and set strategies and objectives in the areas of sales, service, marketing, sports marketing and HR. Collaborate closely with Regional Finance, Operations and IT leaders to ensure performance alignment and business integration
- Develop annual business plan, budget target and 3-year Strategic Business Plan to provide the goals and key strategies of the Pacific market
- Ensure appropriate organizational structure, staffing level, operating systems and processes that will support and deliver the business plans and targets
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Recruit, onboard, and train high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives
- Train, guide and mentor employees and evaluate their performance and productivity in completing their job duties
- Collaborate with regional management, as well as Global HQ leadership, to maximize the potential for brand, product ranges and service offerings
- Develop and implement local business strategies aligned with global / regional direction in order to meet the financial and business objectives of the Pacific entity
- Monitor the actual financial performance, overheads and expenses against budget/forecast and ensure the implementation of appropriate actions that will lead to the achievement of company’s financial objectives
- Monitor and anticipate competitor activity and develop strategies and business plans that will contribute to profitable business growth and sustainable competitive advantage
- Oversee and ensure proper management of budgeting, controlling, and reporting of sales (value, volume), margins, expenses, and profits, in alignment with regional and global finance functions
- Develop and organize special sales and marketing programs based on sales record and market assessment
- In coordination with regional company leadership, determine price lists, discount and delivery terms, credit arrangements, product mix, geographical sales areas, sales promotion budgets, sales methods, customer service standards, special incentives and special campaigns
- Anticipate market/customer requirements and direct programs to ensure customer satisfaction
- Direct merchandising methods and distribution policy by coordinating the work of sales teams
- Establish and maintain close business relationships with new and key customers; devise marketing strategies in order to grow market share
- Plan, administer and review customer service practices to maintain sound customer relations
- Conduct feasibility studies for new business channels and/or retail outlets
- Represent the company in its dealings with other parts of the organization or with external bodies
- Identify and monitor internal controls, policies and procedures that appropriately safeguard assets and adequately manage the business risks
- Ensure legal and compliance system is well integrated into the organization in line with the global company policy and local statutory regulations, &
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills, with highly developed attention to detail and follow-through
- Broad understanding of brand management and how all facets of the marketing mix can influence consumer behaviour, market performance, competitive dynamics, etc
- Ability to identify in-market opportunities, define success criteria, develop an execution plan, manage to completion, measure outcomes, apply learning/insights
- Proven sales track record in a growth-oriented market
- High integrity and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong track record in delivering high levels of customer service
- Leadership qualities to plan, organize, manage and motivate the team to achieve optimum performance, &
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited university required
- 12+ years of experience within a consumer goods company within luxury goods or FMCG space
- Sporting goods or golf industry experience preferred, &
- Demonstrated leadership experience to motivate a high performing team.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Normal office environment, consistent computer use
- Regular travel required (estimated 30%)
- Light physical effort is equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials, &
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
Applications will be accepted between 3 June 2022 and 2 July 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.