Founded in 1891, The Royal Melbourne Golf Club possesses two world renowned golf courses and has been host to numerous national and international tournaments, including the 2019 Presidents Cup. The Club has a proud reputation of providing its Members and guests with a friendly, welcoming, and inclusive experience.
An opportunity exists to join the team, in the full-time role as Golf Operations Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director of Golf, the Golf Operations Coordinator role is ideally suited to someone with a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role, who is keen and eager to learn, grow and develop their knowledge and experience, with aspirations to furthering their career in the golf industry.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Golf Operations Coordinator is a dynamic role and will provide support to a range of day-to-day golf operations tasks, including but not limited to:
- Supervise the Golf Operations Assistants
- Assist with the maintenance of the Club’s website, including preparation of daily timesheets, competitions, and communications
- Assist with the coordination of Member golf competitions
- Assist with Member and Visitor booking requests
- Assist with Member golf travel enquiries
- Assist with the coordination of Corporate Golf Days
- Provide support as required to the professionals with the delivery of golf programs
- Assist with the co-ordination of external events ie. Golf Australia events, Pennant
- Assist with coordination of other sports, such as lawn bowls and tennis
What does the Club need from me?
- A passion for golf and customer experience
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role
- An eagerness to learn, grow and develop with a “can do” attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A strong understanding of golf and the Rules of Golf
- Proficiency with the MiClub system (preferred)
- Strong organisational skills, the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated high level skills in dealing confidentially and courteously with people at all levels
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of EEO, OH&S and ethical practices
- Flexibility with working hours and an ability to work on weekends
This position is full-time based on a 38-hour working week (Sunday to Thursday). Some flexibility with working days will be required, which may include working on Saturdays and public holidays from time-to-time.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume along with a covering letter, addressed to the Director of Golf, outlining why you want to join the Royal Melbourne team as the Golf Operations Coordinator and why you should be the successful candidate.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Please use the Seek portal link when applying
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.