Golf Central BNE is Brisbane’s premier golf and entertainment venue located just 8km from the Brisbane CBD. With Brisbane’s only Toptracer driving range, 18 hole mini-golf course and function facilities overlooking our stunning golf landscape we aim to provide an exciting and unique experience for all of our guests.
Golf Central 17ha golf entertainment facility located at the entry to Brisbane Airport. A key attribute of Golf Central is the championship standard playing surfaces and the resort-style manicured lawns and gardens, and we are seeking a Head Greenkeeper to professionally manage the facility.
The Head Greenkeeper will enjoy working in a busy and vibrant facility, a lead a qualified Greenkeeper and Apprentice. You will also greatly operate with a current and well-presented fleet of Toro machinery.
The key responsibilities of the Head Greenkeeper will include, but not be limited to:
- implement annual maintenance programs for the driving range, short game centre, grass tees and the SeaShore Paspalum chipping and putting greens
- Steer the overall presentation of the mini-golf facility including lawns, gardens and furniture.
- Maintain the extensive lawns and gardens around the facility
- Maintain the future development zones (Which include a 6-hole short course, brewery and event space)
- Be responsible for the preparation and general maintenance of the golf ball management system.
- Be an active member of Golf Central’s management team
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an eye for detail and be passionate about presenting a first-class facility, on a daily basis.
- Be a good communicator in both verbal and written forms
- Be well organised and have an ability to follow a detailed plan and implement it accordingly.
- Be suitably qualified
- Have head a similar for the past 5 years
- Hold a current Chemical Application certificate
- Hold a current driver’s licence with own vehicle
This position will suit a person who is enthusiastic who works well within the team environment or individually. They must be competent in all aspects of golf course maintenance and be a team player who is prepared to jump into tasks that may sit outside of their daily position description.
Above award, wages will be paid commensurate with your experience. Based on the style of facility we operate, the Head Greenkeeper will very rarely be required to work weekends.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please send your CV and cover letter via the tab below.