Golf Operations Manager – Sanctuary Lakes Golf Club
Sanctuary Lakes Golf Club is going through an exciting period of change with a renewed vigour in taking the club to greater heights. The Norman / Harrison designed golf course is flourishing ever since the club took over the curating in 2018. We firmly believe our Top 100 ranking will be sub 50 in Australia for many years to come.
As a member of the club’s leadership team, you will have input on our future strategic shape and direction but retain a keen eye for detail and enjoy a hands-on approach to all facets of our golf operation activities.
The Golf Operations Manager is an operational role leading the Golf Operations team. The main focus is to deliver successful golfing and retail outcomes as set out by the Club Manager.
- Management of golf shop retail operations to a profitable standard.
- Full accountability for golf operations including tee times, social bookings, public visitors, driving range revenue, member golf.
- Course player management in conjunction with Match & Green Committee, to include speed of play and course usage analysis and management of all conduct, dress and etiquette standards.
- Planning, execution and administration of all elements of all golf competitions, tournaments and corporate events as per the annual business plan and calendar of events.
- Perform relevant administration duties with regards to staff management, financial reporting, and member requirements.
- Ensure the facility’s processes and protocols are in keeping with current industry guidelines and WH&S requirements.
- Engaging with Members and guests ensuring the club is meeting and exceeding expectations of service and product delivery.
- Work closely with the Management Team to develop and implement an annual business development strategy for the golf facility.
- Responsible for development of the knowledge and service levels of the golf operations team.
- Develop strategies to maximise player yields for both competition, green fee play and cart usage.
- Support Golf academy Manager with the design of all game improvement programs including, but not limited to, juniors, women’s, seniors and beginners.
- Match & Green Committee attendance.
- Assist Membership Sales with Membership inquiries and new Member processes.
- Manage execution of Corporate Golf Day
- The ability to foster a nurturing environment for people newly introduced to golf.
- Have a previously demonstrated record of sales success.
- The ability to operate on both a practical daily operations level and a tactical and strategic level to improve the standard and profitability of the club’s golf operations.
- Be driven to uphold exemplary store standards in presentation and service.
- Have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills such as communication and leadership, including the ability to motivate others, resolve conflicts and ensure optimum workplace efficiency.
- Customer service excellence
- Hold personal attributes including high work ethic, self-drive, demonstrated ability to show initiative and creativity to improve processes.
- Profound knowledge in MS Office, Mi Club golf and POS software.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an equitable role.
- Certified PGA Member
- Tertiary educated within Business/Management
If you are interested in making a difference and joining our Management Team, then please submit a cover letter and resume to Sanctuary Lakes Golf Club Manager – Shaun Bakker via the tab below.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications close Sunday 7th February 2021 at 5pm.