The Brisbane Golf Club is seeking a Course Superintendent. – one who has the skills and experience to assist the Club achieve its Vision. This individual has the appropriate industry qualifications, understands what is required to present a high-quality golf course and can deliver an exceptional Member experience.
The ideal candidate is an experienced course superintendent who is highly driven and an exceptional leader. You can motivate a team and can maintain a positive culture. At least 10 years’ experience at a top 100 ranked golf club is required.
Directly responsible to the CEO, the Course Superintendent also liaises with the Chair of the course sub-committee and will maintain a strong working relationship with all key stakeholders including Members.
The Brisbane Golf Club
The Brisbane Golf Club was established in 1896 and is currently celebrating its 125 Year Anniversary. We are the third oldest golf club in Queensland and located in Yeerongpilly just 10 minutes from the Brisbane CBD. We are home to just over 1,450 Members.
Our par 72 golf course, measuring just over 6,000 metres, features 21 holes. We are currently ranked in the top 100 golf courses and are the only golf course in Australia with Champion greens, a surface which is installed on 700 golf courses in the United States.
In November this year we will complete the installation of a new irrigation system at a cost of $1.5 million. The Brisbane Golf Club has hosted the Queensland Open on a record 21 occasions.
By The Numbers
$1.75 million course budget
15 employees on course
Currently 52,000 rounds per annum
The Club is financially sound, and copies of our annual report are available upon request. Additionally, our corporate governance framework is also available upon request.
We will deliver a superior golfing, social, and Member experience so that our Members recognise The Brisbane Golf Club as the premier golf club of choice in Brisbane.
- Work with the CEO to help promote Member satisfaction through maintaining and presenting a high-quality golf course and surrounds.
- Management responsibility for the maintenance team including recruitment, training, development and leadership. This includes the maintenance of a strong culture.
- Management responsibility for the course budget.
- Development and implementation of key documents including course standards, course improvement plan, landscape master plan and annual maintenance plan.
- Assist the CEO to implement the Club’s strategic plan.
- Thoroughly assist in all WH&S training needs and procedures.
- Maintain and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders including Members, the Committee, other department managers, suppliers and staff.
- Produce timely communication to keep key stakeholders updated and well informed.
- Continue personal and professional educational through attending self-development, training, and conferences.
- Accept feedback from key stakeholders and use this information to optimise the day-to-day presentation of the golf course.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Club offers an excellent benefits package.
Please send your cover letter and resume to via the tab below:
Geoff Kuehner, CEO
The Brisbane Golf Club